Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 AM

Default A tough river spot with aces, interesting hand with tens...

Hey all,

I'm going to be around the boards for a little awhile. I am jsut making the switch from donkamenter to multitabling 50nl, so I wanted to post a couple of hands I wasn't sure of until this cash game thing becomes more intuitive.

In this hand the villain is multitabling and seems good but I don't know..."Homanga", that's all I know about him.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($100.10)
Hero ($55.65)
MP ($55.35)
CO ($10)
Button ($119.50)
SB ($58.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, MP calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, MP calls $3.50.

Turn: ($13.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.5</font>, MP calls $8.50.

River: ($30.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $14.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $30.25

Is that super weak?

Also, one other hand I want everyone to look at and give thoughts on...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

CO ($54.95)
Hero ($52.70)
SB ($58.25)
BB ($56.30)
UTG ($40.90)
MP ($17.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with , .
3 folds[/i], Hero raises to $2</font>, SB raises to $8</font>, 1 fold</font>, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($16.50) , , (2 players)</font>
[SB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($36.50) (2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $34.7 (All-In)</font>,

This is super standard for me in a tournament, is it no good in cash games? Anybody take a different line? And how's preflop?

Thanks in advance...

Stak

ps. sorry I messed up the converter on the second hand, I'm tired and can't get it to work.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: A tough river spot with aces, interesting hand with tens...

Hand 1: Eh, I probably pay him off. Your postflop bet sizes have been smallish, so you haven't really shown that much strength, except for the fact that you bet the turn.

And you are getting 3:1. This is probably because Villain is making sure he gets paid, but I think there's a decent chance he's taking a stab with TT or something on the scare card.

Hand 2: He's unlikely to fold a better hand or call with a worse one on the turn, so I probably check it back at him and make a decision on the river. It's hard to know who the person with 6 outs is.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:35 AM

more on the flop in hand 1, check behind in hand 2
Old 09-27-2007, 03:09 AM

Hand 1: Bet more on both flop &amp; turn. River is scary, but he bet pretty weak, and I pay him off here like always.

Hand 2: Meh. Preflop, he thinks it's a blind battle I guess. Any reads would help. You aren't getting the odds to call for set value alone. I play it the same way you do on flop, but I definitely check behind on turn. That flop call of his was scary. Time to use our position &amp; draw on turn. I was really leaning towards writing that if you are going to shove it all in there like that, might as well shove it in there preflop, since he probably thinks it's a blind battle and might take you seriously &amp; fold to your shove, or call with a hand you are flipping/slight favorite against a lot (AJ-AK, KQs, etc), or even with a lower pocket pair which is just free money for us.

But then again, I don't think I'd ever shove PF here in your position, so yeah, check behind on turn.