Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 PM

Default 25NL Kings on ok flop facing AI-RR kinda deep

Villian is 18%VPIP over 300 hands. Seems pretty straightforward.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($38.05)
SB ($7.50)
BB ($23.85)
UTG ($88.95)
MP ($42.90)
CO ($42.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.9</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls $2.80.

Flop: ($8.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $38.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: 25NL Kings on ok flop facing AI-RR kinda deep

With just the 18 VP$IP to go by, I would probably call this, hoping Villain has a worse overpair (his all-in checkraise isn't even that much of an overbet when we consider how much went in preflop and your pot-sized flop bet).

Some sort of read on Villain's postflop play would be helpful if you had one. I mean, the more straightforward he is, the more I'm worried about a set. But you only have about 4 1/2 times the pot in your stack on the flop, and while I'm not crazy about how the action went, it seems reasonable to be willing to get your stack all-in with such a big overpair to that flop.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:14 AM

I think that I would have to call this. with a VP$IP of 18 I don't think it reduces the chance he would call a 3-bet with 6's, 5's, or 8's. And I think that the 3-bet would push hands like 79, and 74 off preflop. So the only hand that I'm really worried about here is AA. I think AA would probably try to get it all in pre-flop if he was just going to bet all-in on the flop though. I'm thinking he has something like QQ. But I'm no expert so I'd like to here advice from other's as well.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:30 AM

PF is fine... Cold call by villain tells you he's probably not on anything spectacular (would probably try and slowroll it), and probably not on anything marginal (ie. low connectors, Kx, etc.)

The only thing i see him hitting on this flop is 88, but at 18%V$ I'm not entertaining the prospect of a PF raise at these stakes.

Given that, this is most likely a great board for you. Call away.