Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 09:59 PM

Default 230bb deep with bottom set

villian is like 21/18 but I havent seen him do a whole lot, cuz well its NL and not a lot happens, heh

PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $116.70
UTG: $100.00
MP: $742.80
CO: $59.70
Button: $230.20
SB: $16.75

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, Hero calls $4, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($13.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP bets $8</font>, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $22</font>, MP calls $14.

Turn: ($57.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP bets $44</font>,
Old 09-16-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: 230bb deep with bottom set

I think villian has a big pair here and thinks you have the FD. He probably didn't reraise the flop because he doesn't want to play it for stacks but now a 'safe' turn has come he doesn't want to give you a free shot at your flush.

I'd be tempted to play it like a FD, flat call here then if the FD doesn't come and he bets the river you can raise him. If the FD comes then it may kill your action but this will only happen 20% of the time and even then you could probably get a small value bet out of him.

If you put a raise in now he may fold knowing he's oop and there is still another round of betting before he gets to showdown.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 AM

Pot size raise is a shove here but its close whether he can get away from AT here if you do that. My guess is probably not so I'd tank my timebank or whatever hollywood crap works and shove it now. Would be a bit easier if you raised more on the flop like you should have [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is a double fist pump spot hope you didn't get coolered.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-16-2007, 02:27 PM

I'd either shove if he's good, or min-raise then shove whatever comes if he's average or poor. The latter is cos I like to give people decision hell at every opportunity (it's a cheap call for villain, but builds the pot too big to fold to).
Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 AM

Probably mix up what you do in spots like this, and I like both options presented: the overbet semi-bluffy-looking shove and the small raise followed by a shove. But either way you have to think about getting the money in, go for the gold.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 AM

Raise more on the flop. You want to play a big pot here.

Turn I prob. make a b.s. looking raise to $111.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:09 AM

Were never folding here, I pop it to $160, call a shove, et cetera.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 PM

It seems that villain likes his hand enough to call a flop raise and donk the turn. I think he will call a PSB here. If we push, I think he might wise up. Calling and folding seem to be completely absurd.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:32 AM

ok, well I just called because I suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I figured he'd fold his overpair if I pushed where if I just called and a river blanked then I could get more out of him.

The river was the [censored] 7h, so the board is 47TT7 and he bets 2/3 pot

Am I calling this? An overpair never bets that river correct? I mean why would they? So pretty much Im [censored], no?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, well I just called because I suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I figured he'd fold his overpair if I pushed where if I just called and a river blanked then I could get more out of him.

The river was the [censored] 7h, so the board is 47TT7 and he bets 2/3 pot

Am I calling this? An overpair never bets that river correct? I mean why would they? So pretty much Im [censored], no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree w/ others who think villain's line looks like an overpair - I think it looks like Tx more often than KK trying to pot-protect vs draws, though that is a possibility.

If it is an overpair, most tags would be bet-folding this turn with it (unless there's something we don't know about your image / history?) so I think your turn call is fine, assuming you still make an effort to stack AA-JJ + Tx on the river, since nearly any bet he can make on the river (pot will be ~$150) will commit him.

When the river 7 comes down I'd expect him to check overpairs to try and induce a bluff from a missed draw, since there is nothing left to get value from. You're left with over-fullhouses, quads, and erratically played draws for villain's holdings. Assuming he bet something like 100-120ish I would fold the river.

Surf