Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Default 10$ S&G : down to 3 players Aces

Hi,

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) by Hand Converter CG

Hero (t3745)
BB (t7920)
Button (t1835)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1825</font>, BB calls t800.

Flop: (t3650) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1920 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t1920.

Turn: (t7490) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t7490) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t7490
(He shows K5)

Should i reraise more preflop ?
Thank you
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: 10$ S&G : down to 3 players Aces

Did you post this because you lost?

Limping UTG with AA is okay at a full table, because you can extract a bit more value preflop if/when someone raises. If you don't have a read on Villain, I'd prefer to just raise to t600 or so preflop here. If he comes over the top with junk, that's great. Once he raises preflop, you should have shoved instead of reraising near the minimum.

As played, you got outdrawn. If he treats K5 like the nuts, you were probably screwed regardless. Don't post silly hands.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Should I have shoved ?
Isnt it a best play to try to extract a bit more than that ?
I mean, isnt it better to make a raise (maybe bigger than mine), let him it some kind of draw or pair and shove ? Or is the pot big enough right now and needs to be taken down ?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:28 PM

Im only limping with the read that he reraises limps wide. Although those same types of players like to reraise opening bets wide as well usually, so I would just open with a raise to 600 and then cont inued agressively postflop.

As played, shove pf
Old 09-28-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isnt it a best play to try to extract a bit more than that ?
I mean, isnt it better to make a raise (maybe bigger than mine), let him it some kind of draw or pair and shove ? Or is the pot big enough right now and needs to be taken down ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not only about this hand, once he bets into you from the BB just shove. If he calls great, you are 80% to double up, if he folds, great you just increased your stack by a third and your lead over the shot stack.

Plus, you've set up future plays as well. You think if you shove here after his raise and he folds that he's going to raise your completed SB as much in the future? He'll be a bit more concerned to say the least.