Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Turned straight, ugly spot

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.58
Hero (BB): $24.99
UTG: $10.98
CO: $24.96
BTN: $23.84

Reads: <font color="blue">No read on villain, besides that he might have been on the tight side. My image was aggressive.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.25</font>, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.65</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($15.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $10.00 returned to SB

Pot Size: $15.15 ($0.60 Rake)

I decided to call with the ace and gutshot with 5:1 on the flop. My turn action just doesn't seem good to me. I decided to c/r because I was somewhat confident that someone would bet, but betting out may have been the better way to go.

When villain raised the UTG bet, I didn't want to blow him out with a big raise, in case he had 2 pair or something. When he reraised back, I just didn't know what to think. I figured that he called on the flop with 76, but I didn't want to fold to the minraise, in case he made it cheap on the river. He didn't make it cheap, and I folded like a little girl.

Any thoughts? I feel like I just played this hand badly, and I would like to know what the optimal line would have been.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Turned straight, ugly spot

I think you played it fine... until you folded the river. You have 2nd nuts here - only 67 beats you (doubt villain has 62). You called the flop bet to catch the wheel - and then you folded it? He has a set or 2-pair here soooo many times - and your straight is pretty well disguised so next time get all your money in.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 PM

I think it's played correctly and will be faced by worse hands more then by 67.
If you make the call on the turn then you can't fold that riverbet. Or were you planning to improve your hand?

You're getting 2.5:1 to call with a hand close to the nuts
Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 PM

I look back and realize I shouldn't have folded, but he just seemed SO strong at the time. Maybe it's my unconscious response to min-reraises to put villain on the nuts every time. 67 just seemed to make such perfect sense; to c/c the flop and min-4bet me on the turn, he could have MAYBE had K3 or something, but not much else. I don't think he had a set (unless he called with an underpair on the flop because he sucks) because of the weak flop c/c.

Only 67 makes sense to me, even now, but next time I'll probably call.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Push the turn

as is push the river, its to late to fold at this point.