Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Default NL50 - AA 200BB deep

Villain was 22/19/3 over 30 hands - no reads
Normally with 100BB stacks I would push here without second thoughts. In this situation however when we were both 200BB deep I am not sure if the b/3bAI is the most profitable way to play this.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $103.74
BB: $50.00
UTG: $46.44
CO: $59.04
BTN: $103.99

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $6.00

Flop: ($16.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $38.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $95.74 ??? </font>,
Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AA 200BB deep

If you shove he will call only with hands that beat you, bar some special history between you. Calling isnt good either, unless you think that might entice him into taking another wild shot with 88/78s/we. Note that I often play deep games, and I rarely fold aces. But against this player, this deep, a fold is probably best.

I might shove if villain saw me as a bit wild and crazy and could call me with a bluffcatcher, or if I had been 3 betting a lot and villain was getting frustrated.

Edit: seeing as you only have 30 hands on villain it is a bit closer, but I'd still err on the side of caution here.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you shove he will call only with hands that beat you, bar some special history between you. Calling isnt good either, unless you think that might entice him into taking another wild shot with 88/78s/we. Note that I often play deep games, and I rarely fold aces. But against this player, this deep, a fold is probably best.

I might shove if villain saw me as a bit wild and crazy and could call me with a bluffcatcher, or if I had been 3 betting a lot and villain was getting frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing but do you think this could be QQ? KK 4bets pf 99% of the time but people just call w/QQ sometimes. This really looks like JJ though.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 PM

I'd probably bet 11.5 or 12 on flop. I think there's nothing good about shoving this over his raise. The only draws are QT and 87, which probably don't call preflop.

Call his flop raise and check turn with intentions of calling or shoving.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably bet 11.5 or 12 on flop. I think there's nothing good about shoving this over his raise. The only draws are QT and 87, which probably don't call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain raised flop with 88 or QQ and is a half-decent multitabler he shouldnt put another dime into the pot.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain raised flop with 88 or QQ and is a half-decent multitabler he shouldnt put another dime into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing though, he's readless. This guy could have anything in all honesty. If we had reads that he doesn't raise without the nuts, we can fold - but we don't have that read and we have to assume that there's always a 10% chance of a bluff (HoH vol.1), plus the fact that he could be overplaying JT or AJ, or could have QQ or KK makes this at least a call for me - I just don't see folding aces for 2 buyins in a 3-bet pot.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you mean I should go all the way with this hand, just take a passive route to allow worse hands to go broke?

should I allways push turn or only if a flush draw card comes or a T?

what hands can I expect to bet after I call the flop? QQ?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you mean I should go all the way with this hand, just take a passive route to allow worse hands to go broke?

should I allways push turn or only if a flush draw card comes or a T?

what hands can I expect to bet after I call the flop? QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you shove, you take out all of villain's chances of turning his hand into a bluff.

I wouldn't necessarily shove many turns because it's so unlikely that villain catches up if he's behind. I wouldn't mind a c/c, c/c or c/c, shove river depending on how stacks were after the turn betsizes.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing though, he's readless. This guy could have anything in all honesty. If we had reads that he doesn't raise without the nuts, we can fold - but we don't have that read and we have to assume that there's always a 10% chance of a bluff (HoH vol.1), plus the fact that he could be overplaying JT or AJ, or could have QQ or KK makes this at least a call for me - I just don't see folding aces for 2 buyins in a 3-bet pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Readless I tend to go with any little piece of information I got. 30 hands isnt much, but they do point in a certain direction if you know what I mean. Maybe this is bad, I dont know.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:38 PM

spr is like 15 though thac - that seems too great to just stack off.