Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Annoying river spot

This guy (button) is loose obviously, but can get aggressive after the flop with draws. I think he's fairly straight forward though. I saw him raise a donk bettor with overcards and a flush draw and then continue on every street unimproved.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

I beat basically no aces and the most obvious draw just got there.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Annoying river spot

River is close between check/evaluate and bet/fold. Fold preflop.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I know. Multitabling error. So if it goes check, fold and bet, then I can call that bet from the button?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I know. Multitabling error. So if it goes check, fold and bet, then I can call that bet from the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unless you have some kind of read that says not to. Your wording is weird cuz your implying that the first guy open folded, but I think you mean check, bet, fold. The key is what are you doing when the action goes: You check, next guy bets, other guy calls? Is this an easy fold based on the nature of your opponents? Or do you still wanna call? If the river is an easy fold for an overcall, then that favors the check/evaluate line. If your gonna overcall becuz the river bettor's range and the the river callers range is loose enough that you dont wanna fold then thats argument for bet/folding.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure why not, seeing as that sequence of events is pretty darn unlikely [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

on a more serious note, i'd b/f against passive opponents and c/eval with more aggressive opponents who would likely raise with an ace+decent kicker on earlier rounds. the toughest case is if you check, co bets and btn calls. i'd probably still call though.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:52 AM

I meant check check bet actually, but it's late. The MP is loose passive so I really wasn't worried about him. I guess there are enough weaker A that I should call, given that sequence.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:59 AM

if MP is loose-passive and button is straightforward i think i prefer b/f since you will be very sure you are beat if one of them raises. i think of it as a blocking bet except against 2 opponents and not 1.