Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:01 PM

Default 0.50-1.00....KK

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero ?

What do you do here if you have no reads?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: 0.50-1.00....KK

What you do here should depend on your reads on UTG. Absent any reads, UTG raised and capped preflop. That should mean AA-QQ, AKs, AQs, or more if he is loose. Could mean ATC if he is a maniac. He then checked an A high flop. I doubt that AK or AQ would check this flop. AA might be trying to get tricky, or he could have a smaller pocket pair, even 88 or 99. He could be raising the turn with QQ or JJ thinking no one else has an A, but he could be slow playing a flopped set too. Against an unknown, you need to call him down.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM

bet the flop pls

hand plays easier then as you can b/f turn.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM

euroglot, try commenting more some of the hand posts. It is as useful for your poker education as getting others to comment your own posts.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
euroglot, try commenting more some of the hand posts. It is as useful for your poker education as getting others to comment your own posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

for one, i purposely post hands that are questionably played. jump in and criticize me!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Allright, you are right...I will comment more on other hand but I thought I;m not good enough to give advice about other hands. But you're right I can learn even more if I comment on other hands.

Quick note about this hand: I quickly checkt the flop before looking at it you know...clickclickclickclick....I allways do that when the 4 bettor is on my right...

But call down is best here?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:14 PM

u dont beat UTG range
fold sdave some bets buddy
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Allright, you are right...I will comment more on other hand but I thought I;m not good enough to give advice about other hands. But you're right I can learn even more if I comment on other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

try not to think of replying to other peoples hands solely as you giving advice. think of it as what you would do...think of it as a self test that can get 'scored' by the forum vets. you can always reply/grunch other peoples in the micros if you feel outclassed in smallstakes. personally ive learnt WAY more from hands ive replied to than hands i posted.

[ QUOTE ]
Quick note about this hand: I quickly checkt the flop before looking at it you know...clickclickclickclick....I allways do that when the 4 bettor is on my right...

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you automatically do this? this is not good. theres a flop there...evaluate it and play poker. I hope it is not another misclick excuse. you really gotta pay more attention and care at the table bro.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 PM

call, donk the river. He must have QQ here. Or he's an idiot.

(I sometimes think it's these kind of plays that make me lose money on the low limits, and win on the higher limits. On higher limits it's likely a JJ/QQ that tries for a free showdown play, possibly making you fold QQ/KK. No way he can have an ace and not bet it when you check with a 98 diamond flop. Therefore, if you call now and bet/fold the river you'd make the optimal play, imho. As it appears you played wa/wb with a weak ace, he won't bluff raise the river. But for the low limits he may even have AA, or AK, trying to trap you on the turn... god knows what they think.)
Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 PM

With no reads ... i.e., based on what you posted.

1. Bet the flop.
2. Turn/River. I think you have to call this down.