Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Iowa farmland breaks price record for 12 month appreciation!

One of the states best land surveys, if not the best, has released their most recent 6 month survey on farmland prices in the state of Iowa and the results are impressive............

http://www.altoonaherald.com/apps/pb...SS01/709180373
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Iowa farmland breaks price record for 12 month appreciation!

Among the factors affecting the rise in farmland prices mentioned by survey respondents.... higher corn and soybean prices, increased demand from ethanol and biodiesel plants, a limited amount of land for sale, good crop yields, a positive attitude about future farm profits, low interest rates and tax law exchanges.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:34 AM

Congratulations! One thing you have your money in beat the market by a little bit! Do you want a cookie or something? Honestly...
Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! One thing you have your money in beat the market by a little bit! Do you want a cookie or something? Honestly...

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE, not here to promote personal gains but provide posters of this board an insight to what was and still is what i believe a great place to invest in the current financial climate.

Your constant stalking and negativity is something the readers of the forum don't need on a consistant basis...........grow up and gain some maturity.

Getting back to this investment, not only has it appreciated 21% in the past 12 months, it has also returned 4-7% to owners in terms of cash rent after expenses.

It is my opinion that farmland will continue to be a very solid investment at least into the spring of 2009.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting back to this investment, not only has it appreciated 21% in the past 12 months, it has also returned 4-7% to owners in terms of cash rent after expenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next big bubble???
Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The next big bubble???

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the next, yes.

No question we could see a decline in prices beginning soon......a lot will hinge on oil prices and the bullish view of ethanol, commodity grain prices, and most importantly the new farm bill being constructed as we speak.

Personally, I do not see any type of decline over any of the next 3 six month reporting periods..........which would equate to April of 2009. Would lean towards saying that we will see very modest appreciation in each of those next three six month periods. The previous two have shown 13.6% and 7.1% respectively and in no way do i see any of those next 3 six month periods showing 8+% gains.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE, not here to promote personal gains but provide posters of this board an insight to what was and still is what i believe a great place to invest in the current financial climate.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that I don't see any insight in your post. You say that you think it will continue to go up without much justification (just saying ethanol does not count). In my book that does not count as insight.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that I don't see any insight in your post. You say that you think it will continue to go up without much justification (just saying ethanol does not count). In my book that does not count as insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ethanol, low interest rates, inflation, commodity prices, Oil high, farm bill, urban sprawl, and investors wanting to divirsify their investment horizons above and beyond the stock market are some of the reasons as to why farmland has increased so dramatically over the last few years........and will continue to do so for at least the next 12-24 months in my opinion.

Perhaps you should click on the link in the intial post in this thread for more information.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Why do you think the land is currently undervalued? Why do you think these things aren't already priced in? It's like saying you should buy a companies stock the day before they release a new product. No real insight is given.

Btw, I looked at the initial link but it mostly reported on past things and then random speculation. Most news reports should not be trusted when it comes to financial decisions. I'll leave your thread alone now in case others can glean something useful from it.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM

Corn and soybeans up again today.

Simply stated, farmers want quality farmland when grains are this high...........