Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Default AKo I have never been more scared

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Is there a point in this hand where you put the villain on KT? I should have bet for value on the river when all draws missed, and I think I should have caped the flop... but was I right to slow down facing all those raises?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: AKo I have never been more scared

First thoughts:

Cap the flop. Ding! you hit a money flop, raise it up.

Now it's difficult to play given you only called the 3bet on the flop. Personally I'd raise and if SB 3bets again I call down.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a point in this hand where you put the villain on KT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never after pf action. But it is possible of course but highly unlikely without reads. KK, TT and AA i the hands I fear. I think u should bet the river though after both villains has slowed down.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cap the flop. Ding! you hit a money flop, raise it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands in poker doesn't have absolute value but realtive compared to ur opps ranges. So what range do u put CO on after 3-bettin an early raiser pf and thn 3-betting a K high flop? What range do u put SB on? How much value can we get with AK agaisnt those ranges?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never after pf action. But it is possible of course but highly unlikely without reads. KK, TT and AA i the hands I fear. I think u should bet the river though after both villains has slowed down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough one showed down a worse hand...

I hadn't been at the table long so not many reads, I suspected AA, KK, or TT. I was surprised at the garbage that was shown down.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM

Did you think about just calling the flop?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KT? no, not really.. TT, KK, AA look very possible on the flop.

The turn is super weird. SBs stop-n-go on that big of a brick turn is very interesting. He could have wanted you to call the flop (not blowing you out by capping) and looking to bet/3bet the turn, getting yet another bet from you on the turn.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KT? no, not really.. TT, KK, AA look very possible on the flop.

The turn is super weird. SBs stop-n-go on that big of a brick turn is very interesting. He could have wanted you to call the flop (not blowing you out by capping) and looking to bet/3bet the turn, getting yet another bet from you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the way the whole hand went down had me nervous... Hence my slowing down. I was unsure where I stood nearly the whole time.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 PM

I like your play.

The 3-bet on the flop, given the 3-bet pf would certainly scare me into thinking CO had KK, AA (or even TT). So personally I would not cap flop and call down just as you did. If CO was raising flush draw, good for him, he got his free card (AQs would 3-bet here easily for example).

SB donking turn... oh my... still call down. Pot's big. I do think I will chop with another AK.

River SB checks??? WTF. No, this is one of those cases where I would not bet for value given pf and flop action. c/c is ok. Who is the villain, btw?

So to answer your questions:
I would not have put any villain on KT.
I would probably not have bet the river since I don't think there's that much value there.
I would not have capped the flop.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:16 PM

This hand is a case of MUBs. What you fear is not probable.

I don’t consider myself aggressive but surely cap flop. It’s cheep, your pot equity must be at least 33% at this stage, and it’s good for later in the hand.

I’d raise turn and maybe fold to more action.

Agree with Sushi, bet the river on the end when it looks like you are clearly ahead.