Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 AM

Default Cardrunner questions (members pref)

Hi all,

Got a few questions in regards to Card Runners if someone doesn't mind answering a few of them.

1) Firstly, what stage in you're playing career are you going to benifit from this information and training, or more specifically when can it be applied? Obviously its catering to the higher limit's, and I doubt a 5nl player will be able to take advantage of the techniques involved in some of their video's. You will always learn, but when will it be relevent?

2) Do you think its worth it? Are the video's / content updated enough to justify the cost in your opinion, is it the video's themselves that are the main motivation for joining, or are the blogs articles etc useful as well? What are your favourite features of cardrunners?

3) What do the normal video's cost? I see you've got a lower cost / month without the video's at 25% off, or a higher monthly cost and sign up fee, but video's for 'free'. What am I paying for the video downloads? How many video's do I have to get before its cheaper to do the higher monthly cost / sign up fee rather then paying per video?

4) Any general comments about card runners? Along the lines of "Its a great resource but don't bother until you're 100NL at least" etc.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Cardrunner questions (members pref)

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Got a few questions in regards to Card Runners if someone doesn't mind answering a few of them.

1) Firstly, what stage in you're playing career are you going to benifit from this information and training, or more specifically when can it be applied? Obviously its catering to the higher limit's, and I doubt a 5nl player will be able to take advantage of the techniques involved in some of their video's. You will always learn, but when will it be relevent?

2) Do you think its worth it? Are the video's / content updated enough to justify the cost in your opinion, is it the video's themselves that are the main motivation for joining, or are the blogs articles etc useful as well? What are your favourite features of cardrunners?

3) What do the normal video's cost? I see you've got a lower cost / month without the video's at 25% off, or a higher monthly cost and sign up fee, but video's for 'free'. What am I paying for the video downloads? How many video's do I have to get before its cheaper to do the higher monthly cost / sign up fee rather then paying per video?

4) Any general comments about card runners? Along the lines of "Its a great resource but don't bother until you're 100NL at least" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

hello,
I will try to awnser your questions as best as i can
Im a CR member myself, and the CR info is really top of the bill!

I really think a CR membership is applicable for limits as low as 25 NL, the content of vids as well as blogs and articles are of such high class that it wil improve anyone's game!

the reason i became a CR member was that i wanted to improve my skills and CR did the job for me, so yes its worth any penny (for me!)

I cant really tell you witch membership to purchase as i'm a full member myself, so don't know anything about te other membership!

Overall CR, ofcourse in combination with the 2+2 forums will improve your game.
The low limit content of CR, its instruction guide aswell as Brystmars vids and handchart, are a must for all ssnl players
The higher limit vids are really spectacular and the info provided by the instructors is clean and solid, and wil help you out, no mather what limit you play!
if you want to learn and read and realy want to improve your game, just sign up, i know for sure you won't be sorry!

hope this will help you!
Greetz and Suc6 from Holland
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Thanks Jeflin, seems like lots of views not to many answers.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 AM

I had been playing for a few years on not really getting anywhere. I had read most of the books available but making small profit online mainly tournaments. I joined CR around May as a fullmember and this really helped my game. There are a ton of videos available for all limits. As said above that along with the 2p2 forums is invaluable. You can also request videos that you would like to see.

I play mainly $.50/$1 and $1/2 and these videos alone have helped me in my play loads.

I think the cost is definately worth it. This site should easily propel you to the $1/$2 tables in no time where $25 could easily be one hand.

Im a full member and get all the videos free. Ive watched about 80 or so and havent had the time to watch the rest. Easily worth the extra cost at the outset.

There could be good reasoning for your last question. If you are playing 25nl the cost per month may be a bit heavy on your overall profit. I would agree that $100nl is where you should be comfortable joining. Reading just a couple of books should allow you to beat the levels below relatively easy.

I sound like i work for CR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I dont but just very happy with their content.

Hope these random comments help you decide.

good luck
Old 09-18-2007, 05:58 AM

Am I right in thinking that Cardrunners is mainly for 6-max tables and that there's not much content for full-ring ?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 AM

There is some full-ring. Go to http://www.cardrunners.com/functions...os/display.cfm Sort videos by size. looks like 25-30 NL FR videos.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 AM

there has been a post going in the news, views, gossip section about cardrunners. You may want to read that before you join since it sounds like the person who made the best videos isn't with them anymore.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM

That person only made 1 video, which many people thought was the best (or at least the best in awhile), and probably won't be making any more.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 PM

How do you download a video from the site? I've just purchased one and I can watch it by clicking on the link, but how do I save it to my pc?