Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 AM

Default 25/50 Worth pushign for meatgame?

Played a lot w villain, is verry laggy, and def not known for makiing folds, views me as solid, but versatile.

4 Handed 100BB stacks,I open 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG for 175, button and sb fold, villain calls

flop($375) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Villain checks, I bet $300, Villain calls.

Turn ($975) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Villain checks, I bet $800, Villain calls.

River($2575) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Villian leads $1344.....

at this point, i really dont think this is a bluff, he would definately bet a lot harder if bluffing, im assuming he's putting me on an overpair( if he puts me on an over pair he knows im calling here), but im also assuming he would bet a lot more w the flush, knowing that im probably caling almost all bets, but almost definately not raising w jus an over pair....
So the question is, am i crazy to push here , knowing that he cant really call with anything that im beating, (really the only concievable hand, thats not some kind of stab hoping im on air, for him here is a flush). but not wanting to look too weak/ nitty and affect people paying me off down the track.

Does anyone just call here?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: 25/50 Worth pushign for meatgame?

I'm not pushing here for metagame, I'm pushing here for value. Someone who's not known for making folds will probably find calls with (passively played) sets, straights or even some weird 2p. I mean, cmon, when you push the river it isn't even a PSB.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 AM

man, meatgame is great

river is a call, probably, unless he's a fish that will stack off with worse or he's a solid player with reason to think you're bluffing when you shove here.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:59 AM

well, i think in a vacuum the best play here is a call. i dont think he can rly call with worse. that said if you want to incorporate this hand into metagame later, raise the river with next time with air in this spot..he will think you wont raise here without the nuts.

-Mike
Old 09-14-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man, meatgame is great

river is a call, probably, unless he's a fish that will stack off with worse or he's a solid player with reason to think you're bluffing when you shove here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree I think river is for sure a shove for value. It really really looks like this guy has a worse hand that might pay you off from his play on every street.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man, meatgame is great

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree I think river is for sure a shove for value. It really really looks like this guy has a worse hand that might pay you off from his play on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 AM

Based on your description of his play, I'd probably raise for value here about 75% of the time, and if anything I'd be thinking of calling here ~25% of the time for other metagame type reasons.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Your raise will noly be 2500 more in a 7500, I think he'll call a push with worse often enough.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 PM

I don't think he would just call the turn w/ a bare flush draw,
and w/ combo draws I would expect him to raise the flop.
It looks like he has a hand that can beat top pair/overpair and is afraid you could check the river behind.
I shove here most of the time.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 PM

min-raise fold to a push would be good and hilarious.

James