Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Bet sizing on 4-straight board, i has a straight

Villain's kind of strange his stats are 25/14/1.85 ~485 hands. We've been at the table for over 300 hands at this point. I've been playing aggressively 30/27/6 and playing one table while he's playing five or six. Over the first hundred hands he was playing very tag fishy and I either cbet him relentlessly, or checked behind in position on the turn and bet at scare cards like an ace on the river, winning most or all of our first confrontations. he built his stack by playing pretty standard and having some dude shove second pair into him in a threebet pot while he had an acequeen on an A92 flop. About three hands ago he c/r me for the first time when i cbet a flop of 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] holding 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he c/r from the sb, smallish, a little over a minraise, i call he bets big on the turn blank and i folded meh i really didn't know what to do i wasn't priced in though maybe with implied odds but that was pretty much the first time he played back at me in three hundred hands so I gave him credit for a set or two pair since he plays pretty standard and on the passive side for sure. Weaktight was my initial read on him.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $410.60
BB: $520.40
UTG: $120.00
Hero (MP): $545.90
CO: $605.60
BTN: $751.60

UTG posts $4.00
Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $18.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($46) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $34.00</font>, BTN calls $34.00

Turn: ($114) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $67.00</font>, BTN calls $67.00

River: ($248) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $122.00</font>...

my bets kinda morphed into halfpottish bets, too small? after he calls my turn bet what do you think he has and how much would you bet on the river since we can def. narrow his range at this point.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Bet sizing on 4-straight board, i has a straight

id bet more on the river, but because it suits my game, in a vacuum this is ok.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:57 PM

ok what's the max you think a set would payoff on the river here? pot's $248, i was thinking he'd have to have a set to call my turn bet, maybe a smaller straight like 45 that didn't like the turn five but his call of my bet made it seem settish to me 3/4 pot he pays off here?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cbet a flop of 842 holding 79, he c/r from the sb, smallish, a little over a minraise, i call he bets big on the turn blank and i folded meh i really didn't know what to do i wasn't priced in though maybe with implied odds but that was pretty much the first time he played back at me in three hundred hands so I gave him credit for a set or two pair since he plays pretty standard and on the passive side for sure. Weaktight was my initial read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
terrible turn fold.

[ QUOTE ]

my bets kinda morphed into halfpottish bets, too small?

[/ QUOTE ]

bet more, make it seem like you are bluffing. try 111 on turn shove river.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cbet a flop of 842 holding 79, he c/r from the sb, smallish, a little over a minraise, i call he bets big on the turn blank and i folded meh i really didn't know what to do i wasn't priced in though maybe with implied odds but that was pretty much the first time he played back at me in three hundred hands so I gave him credit for a set or two pair since he plays pretty standard and on the passive side for sure. Weaktight was my initial read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
terrible turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks i was wondering about that. do you think so because his line smells and if so do you like a turn shove or a turn call and if he checks the river and i miss shove my monies in then and he prob can't call?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
terrible turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks i was wondering about that. do you think so because his line smells and if so do you like a turn shove or a turn call and if he checks the river and i miss shove my monies in then and he prob can't call?

[/ QUOTE ]

its bad bc...
1. you're priced in (you can call a pot sized bet)
2. there is money behind
3. you have position
4. you think he has a big hand!

its pretty much that simple.and no, if you miss, you're not shoving. you check behind and showdown 9 high.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:03 PM

cool leaked fixed don't say john stockton never did anything even though he doesn't donate to G.U.