Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:38 PM

Default NL 200 KK on draw heavy board, whats my line

Villian is 20/13/2/200 and hasn't done anything notably stupid. Seems like a pretty standard TAG .

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $105.25
BB: $197.00
UTG: $215.05
Hero (MP): $198.15
CO: $38.20
BTN: $235.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $8.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($19) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $54.00</font>, Hero?

This seems like a draw a lot of the time so I don't love just calling but if I shove it seems I'm behind a fair amount (Sets, 89, etc.) and its a SA/WB situation when he calls the shove. Also if I do call whats my turn play for the various types of turn cards. Folding seems terrible, but I don't love any of my options
Old 09-17-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: NL 200 KK on draw heavy board, whats my line

im thinking the villian likely on 10 good kicker. trying to chace out draws. hard choice but i think push and hope for the best.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Because of his stats I dont think 89 is in question here with your raise. I'd say 77 66 TT are all possible, as well as JJ QQ. I dont know think I fold here though. From his stats and your play of him if he seems like he would play AT or something of that nature than that should make this an easier decision.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM

With these stack sizes this is a shove. If he calls and has you beat with a set or st8, good for him, variance is fun.

Anything other than a shove here is a huge leak IMO. If you get in the habit of folding KK in these spots you will become extremely exploitable.

Sometimes they will fold, sometimes you will get called and lose, and other times you will get called and win. However, this is almost always a shove at these stakes against a relatively unknown player.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:28 PM

I've considered folding in this similar spot plenty of times. I'm rarely able to do it though.

I don't know if I'm willing to put him on TT, JJ, QQ, as villain didn't 3bet pf. I suppose its possible, but at 6 max, or even full ring, those are clearly reraising hands for most opponents right? Hate to play scared, but 77 / 66 fit his line pretty well. You have a read on him as pretty much a TAG. Is he calling a raise pf with AT? He could be making a move with 88 / 99 thinking you whiffed with AK / AQ. He could have a combination of draws here, AJs / AQs maybe? Who knows, did he slowplay AA?

This is tough to get away from. More times than not I shove and then punch myself in the groin when he shows the set. Seems like they always have it! Seriously though, more times than not you should have the best hand here, so I suppose pushing is optimal.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 PM

shooooooooooove
Old 09-17-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've considered folding in this similar spot plenty of times. I'm rarely able to do it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. Because folding is a pretty big leak here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shooooooooooove

[/ QUOTE ]

Alternately, you can just open fold.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a draw a lot of the time so I don't love just calling but if I shove it seems I'm behind a fair amount (Sets, 89, etc.) and its a SA/WB situation when he calls the shove. Also if I do call whats my turn play for the various types of turn cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine analysis. Easy fold in my opinion.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. Because folding is a pretty big leak here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish it were my biggest leak! I'm just scared right now because big pairs have been set magnets lately. I agreed that pushing is the right move, but I hate playing overpairs to the felt with this much action.