Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 AM

Default Tells gained from television viewing

Has anyone here picked up on any tells on well known players by seeing them play on television? You would assume that most of the best players would not have any tells, but I was wondering if any of you had an extra observant eye.

One known tell seemed to be that Daniel Negreanu used to talk a lot when he was bluffing but I'm sure he either has always tried to make it out that way or has corrected his behaviour.

I brought this up after replying to an earlier post about Jen Harman. I thought her mouth twitches must almost certainly reveal her hand until I realised she twitches nearly all of the time.

Must be also tough trying to read Chris Karaguleyan!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Tells gained from television viewing

There was a poker show called "The Best Hand I've Ever Played", where Annie Duke said she picked up a tell on Greg Raymer at TV.

I dont look at that, because i dont need tells on Phil Ivey or Daniel Negreanu.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:02 PM

no such thing as tells in poker
Old 09-02-2007, 12:05 PM

I have one on Jennifer Harman that has been very consistant, and one on Sammy Farha that I'm not 100% about.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30 PM

I have one on Vanessa Rousso...

...she sucks.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I brought this up after replying to an earlier post about Jen Harman. I thought her mouth twitches must almost certainly reveal her hand until I realised she twitches nearly all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen her blow a bubble and not hold a strong hand. She really is a huge tell-box. I'm probably biased because I've always hated her ever since the "The flop was 7 7 8, I had A/8 and he had A/7...perfect cold deck" thing. Yes, Jen, it sure was...
Oh and "I knew you had that hand," against Zeidman's straight flush. Yes, Jen, you sure did.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen her blow a bubble and not hold a strong hand. She really is a huge tell-box. I'm probably biased because I've always hated her ever since the "The flop was 7 7 8, I had A/8 and he had A/7...perfect cold deck" thing. Yes, Jen, it sure was...
Oh and "I knew you had that hand," against Zeidman's straight flush. Yes, Jen, you sure did.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-05-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I enjoy watching her play so I'm biased, but on that hand Zeidman talked so much I could see her thinking it was a very likely hand. Couldn't know it for a fact, but it made sense.

Him talking over and over about how could he lay it down. What would you consider laying down in that spot that'd be really really hard?

JJ? No, you've got a full house and only QQ and TT beat you. Can't lay that down. AK? Maybe if you put Harman on QQ-TT.

9T? Yea, that starts to make sense. He's worried now about AK and the houses, but he beats AA/KK and he has a flush draw in case it's AK. Hard to lay down.

Obviously, we all saw the hand, it's easy in retrospect. But given all his agonizing it's clear he had a really good hand that he's worried got hosed and the turn gave him a good draw as well. There aren't many hands that fit that.

Harman couldn't fold for the extra 2k at the end though regardless so she pushed him in.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM

I have a tell I picked up on Negreanu, but.. I'm not telling
Old 09-05-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a poker show called "The Best Hand I've Ever Played", where Annie Duke said she picked up a tell on Greg Raymer at TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that could be putting his head in is hand, or, resting his chin/face on his fist.

Maybe. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]