Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Default What isn\'t allowed (account wise)

With all this MTT Account talk I would like something cleared up. The next two Sunday's I plan on playing in the 1050 NL hold'em and the WCOOP Main Event. I start work at 8:30 in the morning and cannot miss it/cannot work on zero sleep.

If I were fortunate enough to be in the tournament at midnight-1:30 AM depending on how tired I was I would like to ask a friend of mine (who won't be playing in these touraments) and lives a few hours away to take over because he doesn't have class on Monday's and will be free to play at this time.

Simply, what is allowed and what isn't allowed?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: What isn\'t allowed (account wise)

email your situation to stars and ask them and post the reply if you want, I'm curious as to what they'll say.

I would never enter an MTT I couldn't finish seems really dumb to me.

If anything a dilemma I might find myself in is 'I really want to play the Sunday Mil but can't make the first 2 hours, can/should I let my friend play for me for that time?' Your situation, paying 5k in entries for MTTs when I can't come close to finishing them, and handing off for the most important parts, is truly silly.

Also, if I were playing the WCOOP ME, you couldn't pull me away from if I was still had a chip.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:15 PM

yes inform us if you asked it
Old 09-17-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is allowed and what isn't allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not allowed from someone (just look in the site rules) to take over for you.

If you don't have the time, just don't play. Why is this concept so hard to grasp?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM

Take. Off. From. Work.

jesus.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM

5.2. PERSONAL USE. The Service is intended solely for the User's personal use. The User is only allowed to wager for his/her personal entertainment. Under no circumstances shall a User be permitted to use his/her "real money account" with PokerStars for any purpose other than for using the Service. The User must provide full and truthful information in respect of all details and information provided by the User to PokerStars and the User is obligated to update such details in the event of any change thereto. A User may only have one account with PokerStars and shall only use the Service using such single account. Furthermore a User shall not permit another person to use the Service via his account.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what is allowed and what isn't allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not allowed from someone (just look in the site rules) to take over for you.

If you don't have the time, just don't play. Why is this concept so hard to grasp?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 12:55 PM

from http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour...ules/?utm_id=1

With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.

Examples:
1. You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.

2. You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.

3. You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.

4. Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.

5. You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him. This is prohibited.