Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 02:56 PM

Default 22$ - midgame TT

Holla,
OMG TELL ME HOW I SHOULD PLAY THIS SUCKS SO HARD.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP2 (t2955)
CO (t1375)
Hero (t1365)
SB (t1243)
BB (t1420)
UTG (t2132)
UTG+1 (t1360)
MP1 (t1650)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t60, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls t140.

Flop: (t490) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1932 (All-In)</font>, Hero KILLS A KITTEN CAUSE THIS SUX WITH LIKE 900 BEHIND
Old 09-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: 22$ - midgame TT

Without reads on utg I probably just limp this behind and play for set/showdown value postflop. Reason being its frustrating to be victim to the limp/rr from utg preflop, also I may be generalizing, but the guys that like to limp/call utg are also the kind of players that like to CR cbets, even though many of them probably d ont understand what a 'cbet' is. I think as played you need to hope for a 9 high flop or a flop with a ten, or the utg not calling your cbet. I dont like to play largish pots in the ea rly blind levels by hoping for things.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:16 PM

i also just limp behind pf
Old 09-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Raising pre w/ TT is fine in most situations, but I'd probably go to 240. 99 or less I would limp behind. Depends how loose utg limper is. If he is like 15+ vpip, I raise, if less than that I just limp.

As played, c-bet is standard and you have to muck to shove as it's not a drawy board at all. UTG probably has KJ or something.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 PM

i limp preflop or raise to 240. with your shorter stack i like a limp.

if you were to raise to 240 (pot is a bit bigger), then i c-bet and call a push. pot is going to be too big to fold and villian will make this raise with plenty of hands that you beat.

i think this hand illustrates why limping preflop is best with this stack.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads on utg I probably just limp this behind and play for set/showdown value postflop. Reason being its frustrating to be victim to the limp/rr from utg preflop, also I may be generalizing, but the guys that like to limp/call utg are also the kind of players that like to CR cbets, even though many of them probably d ont understand what a 'cbet' is. I think as played you need to hope for a 9 high flop or a flop with a ten, or the utg not calling your cbet. I dont like to play largish pots in the ea rly blind levels by hoping for things.

[/ QUOTE ]

what don't they understand?
Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think many donks would go through the thought process "hmm, I am facing an opponent who is following a preflop raise with postflop agression, perhaps this is the norm for him to continue betting on flops regardless of the strength of his hand or the degree with which he connected to the flop."
Old 09-16-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think many donks would go through the thought process "hmm, I am facing an opponent who is following a preflop raise with postflop agression, perhaps this is the norm for him to continue betting on flops regardless of the strength of his hand or the degree with which he connected to the flop."

[/ QUOTE ]
you are right.
most of them think:
"I got a beer, I got a steak, I'm canadian/dutch.
Ship it."