Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Default KK against loose guy

Villain in this hand is very loose, playing 50/25/2. He has been running VERY hot and has won a couple of large pots in the last few minutes. He has been seen valuebetting very thin IMO. (For example A8 on AKQxx 3-flush board)

I have been playing very tight, and my only hand played was when I hit a flush on villain and he called me down.

I really hate when there are so many players to the flop and the pot gets big like it did in this hand. I bet small on the turn because villain seems kind of straightforward and I think I could fold to a raise quite easily.

So - what is my play on the river?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.50
BB: $36.70
UTG: $84.65
MP: $27.50
Hero (CO): $89.90
BTN: $204.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, BTN calls $2.25, SB folds, BB calls $1.75, MP calls $1.75

Flop: ($9.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BTN calls $6.00, BB folds, MP calls $5.50

Turn: ($27.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, BTN calls $15.00, MP folds

River: ($57.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ??
Old 09-16-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: KK against loose guy

Bet more on flop and turn. As played shove river.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:51 PM

That turn bet basically commits you. If you think your overpair is good on the turn, the river has basically changed nothing and from your description, villain will bet big if you check here. You might hope that his betting range is wider than his calling range because the flush draw missed, but I still like a bet better, because you basically can't fold here on this board (unless you strongly believe in a runner runner straight with T7 or a gutshot with 67) so you'd risk that he checks behind with mediocre hands that he would have called with (a nine, a J, a PP) and bets his big hands (sets, J9, straights) and missed draws so that you would have to pay off anyway. I bet $30 here and hope that will keep him from bluffing.
I will only check if I feel that villain is able to raise with a range here that would compell me to call, i.e. will bluff a lot. But from your description, he is more like a showdown monkey that is running hot.

Sorry, that he hat 33.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:51 PM

bump for the morning crowd