Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 AM

Default I did something new today

Ok so poker tracker keeps losing HH's so I'm posting this from memory.

200 NL 6-max on FTP

20/17/3 TAG raises UTG to $7, MP (loose passive fish) calls $7, and the action is to me on the button with A9o.

Effective stacks are $200 and I have a pretty tight image so far due to being card dead. I'm gonna squeeze almost ATC here in this situation because the TAG isn't going to call a large reraise OOP with a weak hand and the fish will either fold pf or c/f the flop.

So action is on me and I raise to $31, the TAG opener thinks a few seconds and then calls, then fish folds.

Flop (Pot ~$67)

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, I check.

Turn (Pot ~$67)
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets $45, I fold.

My thoughts on the hand. This villain raised UTG and then got reraised by me and I've been playing very tight at this table, I actually think this was my first 3-bet of anyone. This guy isn't going to call a huge reraise OOP without set odds because I know him to be a good player and well good players don't do that.

I feel like if I bet the flop he's going to CRAI like every single time and then I fold, so I thought I'd give myself a chance to hit my ace vs QQ/KK. Once I check back on the flop I know I'm giving up on the hand but I feel he's shoving here almost all the time.

This isn't something I do normally and maybe this is a feel thing I don't know, but all in all what do you guys think?