Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Pats Chargers Line

I have been pretty busy this week and haevn't paid close attention to the lines. Did the Patriots - Chargers line move at all after the Bellichek (sp?) cheating scandal broke? I see the Patriots at -3.5 at my book currently? Were they higher earlier in the week?

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Pats Chargers Line

Its pretty much been 3.5 all along. Cris opened the line at 4 and moved it to 3.5 shortly after. It opened at 3.5 at Pinnacle and just about everywhere else.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 PM

I was and probably still am planning to abstain from this game.

However 2 trends caught my attention. First is that Pats are 2-12 since 1992 in home games where the total is 42.5 and 49. And second the Chargers are 34-15 since 1992 in games played on turf.

How much stock to you put in trends like this?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However 2 trends caught my attention. First is that Pats are 2-12 since 1992 in home games where the total is 42.5 and 49. And second the Chargers are 34-15 since 1992 in games played on turf.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chargers are 44-0 in games after I drink kool-aid on Friday afternoons. I just mixed some up, will keep you posted.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The chargers are 44-0 in games after I drink kool-aid on Friday afternoons. I just mixed some up, will keep you posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chargers ML:
Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These trends are worthless. What does this Pats team have in common with the Pats teams from the early 90s? Not even the logo.

There are so many different possible sets of conditions: home, away, favored, dog, grass, turf, coming off a loss, playing someone in the division, point total above x, point total below y. Most of the trends will be pretty close to .50-.50. But since there are so many different combinanations of total random conditions (i.e. home and some specific total) that under some of them just from chance there will be what looks like a significant trend. But it is not, it is just chance. They are no help to the successful sports bettor.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been pretty busy this week and haevn't paid close attention to the lines. Did the Patriots - Chargers line move at all after the Bellichek (sp?) cheating scandal broke? I see the Patriots at -3.5 at my book currently? Were they higher earlier in the week?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a more serious note, doesn't everybody believe that this whole thing should have effected the line in some way? If the Patriots truly did cheat in the manner which they were accused of doing, it would have immensely helped in games. It would be like knowing someone's hole cards in poker (* I'm aware that's somewhat disanalogous). Therefore, without said advantage, I would presume that the Pat's are not as good, or at least we don't how good they would be without that advantage.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a more serious note, doesn't everybody believe that this whole thing should have effected the line in some way? If the Patriots truly did cheat in the manner which they were accused of doing, it would have immensely helped in games. It would be like knowing someone's hole cards in poker (* I'm aware that's somewhat disanalogous). Therefore, without said advantage, I would presume that the Pat's are not as good, or at least we don't how good they would be without that advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more interested in the effect in the locker room. I don't think there's much downside to opposing them in the wake of all this, although I'm not convinced it's a bet yet.

Lori
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the Pats were just using video to study teams for future games. I thought no in-game stuff was going on. In which case any damage has already been done.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:45 PM

The Chargers should check out the secret video of Moss sprinting past triple coverage for a 51 yrd TD.

The Pats have improved their receiving core by a ridiculous amount. They CUT their leading receiver from last year.

Pats by 7.