Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Hard time adjusting (10nl) - 2 hands

I'm trying to make the switch to 6 max, however I'm having a hard time adjusting my game towards the difference in play. Can anyone offer me any comments on the below two hands?

Both played against same villain who's stats are 81/0/2.6 over only 40 hands, only previous significant hand was an overshove into a smallish pot which was folded to him and showed AT for the bluff.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.35
BB: $3.08
UTG: $4.86
Hero (MP): $11.29
CO: $7.01
BTN: $2.98

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $4.61</font>, Hero ??

Second hand against same villain.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $7.11
Hero (BB): $10.30
UTG: $5.98
MP: $4.56
CO: $12.25
BTN: $2.29

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, BTN calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $4.86</font>, Hero ???

Thanks for any advice you might offer me on these two situations.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Hard time adjusting (10nl) - 2 hands

first hand you can fold and wait for a better opportunity.
second hand i guess i call. you got 10 outs. and raise it more on the flop.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 AM

first hand, i would probably fold, though against this tard I would guess you have at least 11 clean outs. second hand is a snap call.

also, if you are having a hard time adjusting, read through all the 6-max fundamentals threads in the stickies at the top of the forum.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:37 AM

Hand one I would probably fold, although if I saw villain taking this line over and over again I might call later in the session (variance lol)

Hand 2 I'm definitely calling. As previously stated, raise more on the flop. I would make it $2.50-$2.75
Old 09-14-2007, 10:48 AM

I would never fold the first hand with an open eneded straight draw and 2 overcards, you'll see like 3rd pair here soooo often
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold the first hand with an open eneded straight draw and 2 overcards, you'll see like 3rd pair here soooo often

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it is probably just one overcard.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the input everyone.

I called both hands, IMO it was the correct call on both.

First hand resulted in villain having J3, so it was a coin flip with me having 14 outs. More in depth with poker stove says I was a 49.3% favorite and the pot odds required a 47% to call, but as with all marginal EV situations its a very fine line between call / fold, and wouldn't be a mistake to get away from it.

No outs came, he took the pot.

Second hand villain flips over 6dAs, giving him the straight at the time. Any diamond, any card pairing the board were my outs, 45% to win, however none came. Again pots odds said it was a correct call.

Of course I couldn't work that out accurately in the hand, which is why I posted up trying to see what people did as a 'gut' feeling with it.

Thanks for the advice.

P.s. CobraGoat, are there many articles specifically related to 6 max? I can see the 6 max for beginners thread up there, which is quite good, but not many other threads specifically related to 6 max. Same for anyone, but can you link me some good 6 max articles, would love to read a bit more about it.