Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Default TPTK annoying turn donk

CO is 84/27/1.2 and seems to play erratically. I haven't seen enough hands for a specific read.

SB is a 22/8/1.5 regular and plays pretty ABC.

BB is 87/2/0.8 and plays as well as his stats suggest.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) kimchi is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">kimchi raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">kimchi bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, kimchi?

The turn is 4-way and I'm not calling to let the other 2 overcall with who knows what, and folding seems too nitty. CO obviously isn't worried about the 2 broadway cards, my flop bet and loved that turn.

I haven't seen how he plays draws, but either way I'm sure he has TPTK beat.

What's my best play here? Should I raise and fold to a re-raise or raise and hope to fold out the other 2 and (hopefully) check the river?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: TPTK annoying turn donk

call
I don't think we have enough eq to put in a protection raise, and I really want to show this down vs a moran
Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 AM

just call the turn and don't fold for one bet on the river.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM

I used to get annoyed by donk bets as well, but then I realized why they are called donk bets. They can be difficult to play against when you are new to a table or the opponent is tough, but most of the time they become transparent quickly. The nice thing is that you end up getting to use them to extract more value that you really should and protect your hands.

As for the hand, this is actually a good bet by this guy if he has made a hand that can beat 2 pair. With no specific read I would just call here even though the pot is multiway.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Tough spot.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I raise and fold to a re-raise or raise and hope to fold out the other 2 and (hopefully) check the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a reasonable line. Often the same cost, likely to get it 2 handed, you should be able to fold to the cap and maybe even the river bet. I'd check behind on the river.