Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Q high flush

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($16.39)
Hero ($25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.62) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.7</font>, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($2.02) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.02) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $16.29 (All-In)

Final Pot: $32.91

Villain was aggressive. Flop call from me is stupid I guess (I'm not a good poker player, but going through the hand now I don't see why I was doing it nor do I an advantage from calling the raise - right?). The flop bet was bad too? I know that I have nothing but wanted him to fold. However my main question is: What do you do on the river? Q high flush good enough to call the all-in?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Q high flush

I am just check folding this hand on every street. Given the flop bet, I fold to his c-r, because you just have absolutely nothing. As for the river push, I don't even know what to make of it. It's such a ridiculous overbet, I migt think about calling because his line doesn't make any sense at all. However, you most likely aren't winning this often enough for it to be profitable. I want to see what others think.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:01 AM

I don't call here. This is hardly a bluff. Only question is, what might he think is a really strong hand here. Maybe a slowplayed AA, but with the paired board, there are too many stupid ways you may be beat here.
And yeah, that flop call is bad. Even betting out there has very often very little fold equity in my experience.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 AM

fold to C/R on flop.. what are you expecting to hit here?