Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Simple peel or no

Villain is WhoKnewIKnew. Never played with him as far as I remember but I see him in this game pretty often so I assume he's not retarded. He has 3bet me with A4s on the button when I opened CO so I assume he's a bit laggy. Does he have A high/small pair here often enough to peel?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>
Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Simple peel or no

I think his range here could be pretty weak TBH. What K's does he CC here? Not many I'd think. That leaves a lot of PP's and air.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:09 AM

pretty close spot IMO. who is bb? does he expect him to CC? I cant see him not 3-balling any decent K's pf vs. you tbh, and if we're putting A5 in his 3-bet range i don't think a peel is that bad.

i may get a little aggro on a club turn that isn't a 5/6/7 because Thi beats 6hi though i don't do that very often.

who are you in this game? pm if you'd like.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 AM

Yeah, giving his willingness to 3bet me with A4s earlier I was somewhat skeptical that he could have any hands with a K here.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 AM

i think it is an easy peel b/c against this player i think you are live a decent amount of the time but also i don't want to let him push me off and hand too easyly, so i would be more apt to call the flop help diswade him from making this a habit.
dave
Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 AM

Yeah not having him regularly c/r me on random raggedy flops because I just b/f a lot is also good.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 AM

does he really CC pocket pairs? seems like a fishy play. Which leaves 34s, 45s, 56s, 67s, and... K4s? And misclicks.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 AM

x% u flop a pair which is worth x bets
y% u flop a flush draw which is worth y bets
1-x%-y% u lose a small bet

not a tough problem

spend 30 minutes figuring it out instead of the rest of your career wondering
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 AM

should we put AA or KK in his range since CC in the SB is a play from WITHEG? I know this isn't very important to the OP but I was just wondering if people have actually seen this implemented in any games.

but yeah I think you can peel here if he occasionally gives out a free card. If he always fires a second barrel on the turn I think you can prolly muck.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah not having him regularly c/r me on random raggedy flops because I just b/f a lot is also good.

[/ QUOTE ]
if u think he has nothing too often as hes making the pot big the correct counter strategy is not to peel and then fold a lot