Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Default 1.00-2.00.....AT....bet again on turn?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, ?

The field is a mixture of (semi)loose (passive) players....

should I bet the turn again? or just check there..
Old 09-13-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: 1.00-2.00.....AT....bet again on turn?

I'd just check but Im from the micros so I probably dont give good advice.

also [ QUOTE ]
1.00-2.00.....AT....bet again on turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
+
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]
does not compute. putting title as 1/2 does not make it 1/2. lol.

btw Small Stakes is typically 2/4+. You asked a question about this in one of your very first posts and got good and clear answers, esp from HoneyB and Harv. people post 1/2 hands in micros all the time and if you think you wont get good advice in the micros then you are mistaken, especially if you are relatively new to poker (5months?). Im sure the Small Stakes guys will give good advice too LDO.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:55 AM

I would check. You have too many opponents and there are too many draws on the board.

You have 3 good outs, the K except for the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and 2 more pretty good outs, the 2 A other than the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The club outs are dirty. This is enough to call one bet on the turn, if the button bets.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check. You have too many opponents and there are too many draws on the board.

You have 3 good outs, the K except for the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and 2 more pretty good outs, the 2 A other than the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The club outs are dirty. This is enough to call one bet on the turn, if the button bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we need to strongly discount the chance that the A is an out. i would maybe count this as half an out considering the club is dirty and we dont know if villian(s) hold AJ or AQor A6. we could be behind a slow played set or two pair or any combinations that we are behind.

i think at best we can give ourselves 3.5 outs, if button bets we will then be able to re assess and count our outs again if we see a raise from a EP player. if they raise then we know we are behind and drawing to 3 outs...which we cant draw to for 2 bets.

our best bet is to check and possibly hope to pull a river for free. but i think if its bet by button we can only call for one bet if we know that on the river we can get another bet out of the button. of course if anyone calls inbetween then we can call. but drawing to 3.5 outs when getting 9-1 in questionable as long as we know we can get one more bet when we do hit our miracle river
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 AM

Preflop: Usually I'd just limp. But if the limpers were especially bad or if I was in LP (and only against a couple players) then raising is ok.

Flop: Only bet this is the table is very passive and you are very likely to get a free card. You will basically never win on the flop.

Turn: You didn't improve so lets hope you get that free card.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:08 AM

I think I would check the flop as well. Board is draw heavy. C-betting leads to nowhere.
I agree on Bigka on the 3.5 outs, so just check and see if you get the pot odds of ~13:1 for a call.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:30 AM

I may limp this preflop, but I also may raise. I think I favour limping along with two limpers. Raise is not bad, though.

Flop bet has little use. Try for a free gutter.

Turn, what else but check.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:53 AM

wtf, fold pf.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? Two limpers? You are likely to hold the best ace.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 AM

at ac last weekend prof ben, aragorn and i got into a discussion about this hand preflop and we decided that it was best to fold preflop in MP after limpers, as this hand is really hard to play multiway OOP vs the field and its not strong enough to raise after limpers with half the field yet to act.