Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 PM

Default 50 NL AK pre against aggressive stealer 5 bet shove?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $50.25
Hero (BB): $62.90
UTG: $66.65
MP: $17.65
CO: $50.90
BTN: $68.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $15.00</font>, Hero ?

Lot of metagame stuff going on here (to me at least). Villain is an aggressive TAG (17/14/3, 300 hands) reg. He'd been stealing from the cutoff almost every orbit and I started reraising him liberally (probably every third steal or so). I finally pick up a legit hand to reraise with, and he three bets me. If villain is a thinking player, he might put me on a steal and make the play with a small PP or whatever, which I would rather just fold at this point, so I'm thinking shove. Do you guys fold here, or even just call? Maybe I'm giving the villain too much credit for thinking about what I'm stealing him with. Obviously the hand plays differently if I'm not OOP/the one facing a 4 bet. Does his bet size matter? Thanks for the opinions.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: 50 NL AK pre against aggressive stealer 5 bet shove?

arrrrrrr in

Add this to your repitoire

"NEVER CALL A 4BET PREFLOP (well maybe with aces)"
Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Push and prey.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM

At best you will be racing. Worst your up against aa or kk which sounds plausible given co's action. This is a cash game, not a tournament. You should have flat called co's raise to $2 preflop. Since you re raised however, now a flat call of his re raise makes sense...see what the flop brings.

You want to keep the pot small so that if you miss you can get away from it without getting pot committed. In this situation.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:52 PM

I think calling is... well meh. 2/3 of the time flop comes all undercards, pot is $30, you have $35 behind, and what? c/f? Even the 1/3 you hit you may still be behind. The villain may be TAG, but a light 4bet is so, so rare... I really think it's QQ+ most of the time, so you'd have to fold.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At best you will be racing. Worst your up against aa or kk which sounds plausible given co's action. This is a cash game, not a tournament. You should have flat called co's raise to $2 preflop. Since you re raised however, now a flat call of his re raise makes sense...see what the flop brings.

You want to keep the pot small so that if you miss you can get away from it without getting pot committed. In this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be hostile, but this is terrible advice, and wrong on all accounts.

A flat call of that steal is GROSS oop with an unmade hand, and against a liberal raiser we would much rather take the pot down now, as a huge percentage of the time he is folding to our raise.

And once again, a flat call of his 3-bet is absolutely, horrendously gross IMO. What the hell do you do when the flop comes 279o? Lead out? Check fold? Check call (choke, awful)?

3-bet is standard. I think against an tag villain here I probably fold to the 4-bet, but if he has 4-bet me even just once before in the same session I probably push.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:06 PM

yeah if you have the slightest inkling that his range is wider than AA,KK then you gotta shove this here.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3-bet is standard. I think against an tag villain here I probably fold to the 4-bet, but if he has 4-bet me even just once before in the same session I probably push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2007, 08:17 PM

easy fold for me, imo we push to chop here. if you want to shove you need to be damn sure his 4bet is a bluff, because if hes betting for value you're never ahead
Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 PM

Given history, I'd shove this gleefully