Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Ace/King from the blinds

Limp-reraiser is aggressive and tricky postflop.
The other villain is LPP fish.
Please, check my line here.

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em - 7 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#FF0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

I kno, I kno, you'll say cap preflop. But I was stunned to see LRR from UTG. As i said he's pretty aggressive, but within reason. Not a LAGtars, according to my reads. AKo is not a favorite against LRR range, so I call.

Flop: (13.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#FF0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

C/R is obvious. Do you cap here? LRR usually means AA or KK, and he's pretty much saying he beats top pair by treying me. However, he's pretty tricky - as in raising preflop raiser on the turn with air when Ace falls. I felt a calldown was justified. Pot was big.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks ...
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Ace/King from the blinds

Liked all the streets.
River I would check too, call 1 bet but if there is a bet and a raise I fold, because of LRR and flop 3-bet.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 AM

I cap preflop for value. Most people have observed that LRRers usually DONT have pairs.

Postflop looks good.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 AM

Nice hand. I play postflop the same as you. And as you yourself said, preflop is a cap. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 AM

Call on the river and I like it all Remy, I play a lot of .5/1 on FT and agree LRR is AA/KK the vast majority of the time, especially from a solid player. A 40/20 type I'd be more suspicious of, but not this guy. I'm very surprised if you saw other than AA/KK, if so you make a note for next time.

Why did you leave a 1/2 table last night with a 40% vpip on your right? I joined later and saw you in hand history.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:33 PM

Looks good. c/c river pls.

I think I've been lrr'ed twice in my last 10k hands. Both were A4s. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Aight, thanks for replies, after the hand I was wondering if I played it too weak-tight. Besides maniacs that limp-reraise with a variety of hands, I honestly don't remember the last time I seen anything besides AA or KK ... As a matter of fact, the last time the villain was holding AA, and I paid him off with my KK like a good donkey.

I don't really agree with capping preflop with these reads ...
If I put him on AA, KK, AK:

http://www.PokerStrategy.com
Operation completed... 440 games processed in 0 seconds.

Board: Kd Jd 2c 2h
Dead:

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
Player 1: 31.364 % 1.364 % 60.000 % 38.636 % AsKh
Player 2: 68.636 % 38.636 % 60.000 % 1.364 % KK+, AKs, AKo

Even if I assign some probability that he's donking it up and holding a worse hand than this range, it's going to be offset by the fact that there are 2 more people in the hand.

I was going to check/call the river, of course. I didn't want to include that, because it was bound to affect your responses - the villain checked behind and showed KQo. That definitely went into my notes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you leave a 1/2 table last night with a 40% vpip on your right? I joined later and saw you in hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know which one you are talking about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I played a few tables last night. It was probably one of these:
- I was done playing (duh!)
- Even juicier table had a seat open
- I did not like my seat relative to other players
- Table conditions went south. VPIP in the lobby is lagging the action, don't forget that. For example, if there were two awesome fishies at the table and the rest were good players, and those fishies leave and well-known TAGs take their seats, I don't see much incentive to stick around.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:09 PM

cap preflop

cap flop

bet turn
Old 09-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Remy ...

don't ever assume what a LRR 'should be' ... more times than not it's something completely retarded

if you are playing in a more 'skilled' game ... you can't even assume a LRR means KK+, AK - because they are using a 'play' half the time

and since you mentioned this guy is aggressive it increases the likelihood that this is something retarded

but whatever - sometimes things 'jam' you up ... but remember - you just aren't playing against this guy (you have two other retards that will gladly give you more money ... even if you think there is an X chance that player A is ahead the fact that two other players are in the mix that are almost always behind turns a call into raise)

that can be said for any street

as played ... after he 3bets you on the flop and some other retard is calling along you might want to cap. having the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] increases the value of your hand and since you didn't cap you really can have more Kings that just AK (KT+) ... and on top of that you can be raising with a flush draw ... many aggressive villain overplay TP (that's a given)