Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Live 20/40. Mutherf**king turn card

Stakes: $20/$40
Players: Fairly loose aggressive 7-handed. Some tricky customers here, some props as well. Some props play ok. Others? Well, let’s not go there. Pretty live game. I’d give it *** 1/2 of 5.

Principal Player:

BB – Middle-aged Chinese woman named Anna. Habitual player. I think she plays everyday. I played with her last year, and she was much more passive. Now she’s really aggressive. She’s capable of naked turn check-raise bluffs. She’s very capable of a turn raise for a free showdown play in position. Her judgment isn’t always sound, however, she errs to the side of aggression, which can’t be too bad for her. Still too loose and likes to limp in with suited junk and weak As in early position.

CO – Loose aggressive young Asian. Way too loose, limps or raises with hands. He doesn’t chop blinds, if that says anything about him. Capable of bluff raising.

Preflop action: (1.5 small bets, 7 players) I open in the HJ with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], CO cold calls, SB cold-calls, BB 3-bets (this is a broadway pair, small chance of 99 or decent A that at least ties me), all call.

Flop action: (12 small bets, 4 players): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB checks, BB bets, I raise, CO cold calls 2, SB folds, BB 3-bets, I cap, all call.

Turn action: (12 big bets, 3 players): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB bets, I ???

Comments appreciated. Results forthcoming.

Garland
Old 09-11-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40. Mutherf**king turn card

in my experiences playing with anna she's really passive and sees monsters under the bed. you're pretty much always losing if she's still betting on this turn card.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:52 PM

pwned.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM

BB 3-bet the flop. She wouldn't do that with 99, TT, or QQ. The only hand that you beat here is AQ given your estimation of her preflop range and she would have to be very aggressive to bet out with AQ here on the turn. I fold in theory. In an actual game I call down and muck as she turns over AK.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM

if you trying to be hopeful and she is aggressive as you say she is the only hand your beating is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i believe your description of her range and how the action went down on the flop you pretty much answered this question yourself tbh.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

in my experiences playing with anna she's really passive and sees monsters under the bed. you're pretty much always losing if she's still betting on this turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

She does freeze on 3 flush or some scare turn/river cards especially multi-way this is true. But if you are using the adjective "passive" to describe Anna, I'm sorry, you must not have played her in the past, say 3 to 4 months at least.

Here’s a couple of fun hands Anna played:

#1. I open with black 99 in the CO, only Anna calls in BB. Flop comes 853 2 clubs. She check-raises me. I judge she is way behind/bluffing most of the time and if she has a flush draw, she will check/call the turn. I decide to be tricky and call down. Turn T no club, river 3 no club. She shows T6o and declares she had a straight draw.

#2. I open with QT no diamond in the CO. Anna calls in SB, BB calls. Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] All check to me, I bet all call. Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All check to me, I bet, SB check-raises me, BB 3-bets all in, I insta-muck, SB calls. River bricks. SB shows AJo no diamond, BB shows 22 for a set.

Garland
Old 09-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Wow. That is some fairly crazy play. I always forget how different the games are on the West coast. A player like that could easily three bet QQ on the flop or maybe even TT. I think you are still probably behind but have to call down because she may show you AT.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you are using the adjective "passive" to describe Anna, I'm sorry, you must not have played her in the past, say 3 to 4 months at least.

#1. I open with black 99 in the CO, only Anna calls in BB. Flop comes 853 2 clubs. She check-raises me. I judge she is way behind/bluffing most of the time and if she has a flush draw, she will check/call the turn. I decide to be tricky and call down. Turn T no club, river 3 no club. She shows T6o and declares she had a straight draw.

#2. I open with QT no diamond in the CO. Anna calls in SB, BB calls. Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] All check to me, I bet all call. Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All check to me, I bet, SB check-raises me, BB 3-bets all in, I insta-muck, SB calls. River bricks. SB shows AJo no diamond, BB shows 22 for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she selectively screw plays and I'm somewhat surprised that you're a screw play target.

A few weeks ago I remember her limping UTG+1. There was an overlimper, a raise and a three bet. Anna then breaks off a limp/reraise for the cap and its four to the flop.

She won the hand with A6s, beating 52o (the raiser) and A5o (the three bettor). I don't remember exactly but the A6 may have won unimproved.

As such, I'd probably wind up calling down with your two pair in the hand you described.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM

This seems like a pretty cake spot to just call her three bet and raise most turn cards in my mind (to put pressure on draws, elicit bad calls from one pair, etc). As played, I would raise the turn.

As played, it's kind of a tough spot because it seems like her range has you kind of torched and CO could have Q10s that spiked or even think he's playing 555 well. The question is, would BB play AQ like this preflop and post flop - if she errs on the side of aggression she might. Or she could have same hand as you. Or AK which kills you. It's a tough spot - I lean towards raising instinctually but could see calling as well and evaluating what happens. I'd have to be there.

Jeff
Old 09-11-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She does freeze on 3 flush or some scare turn/river cards especially multi-way this is true. But if you are using the adjective "passive" to describe Anna, I'm sorry, you must not have played her in the past, say 3 to 4 months at least.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

wow these hands blow my mind. i've played with her only once in the last couple of months and she did nothing like this. however, despite these crazy hands, i think you're almost always behind in the particular hand in question. i guess calling down is fine but i'm definitely not raising.