Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 AM

Default What\'s going on here?

Reads: Villain is 27.9/16.4/2.3. I have seen him overplay a couple of hands. He 3-bet A9s agaisnt an early raiser and lost to AJo cold-calling 3 behind him (yes, this game is beatable...). In an other hand he overplayed AK agaisnt a cold-caller, 3-bet turn and donk call river on a 445Kx board after his villain capped the turn.

What's going on here? On the flop I thought about checking, but decided that 3-handed and with my BDDs it was worth a shot. On the turn I picked up some clean outs and thought he could very well pull the trigger again. And now giving FC isn't scary at all, so I think it's a clear check. On the river he thinks for almost 30 secs and then check. Is that to scare me to check, or invite me to bet? And what should I do?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ?????
Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: What\'s going on here?

BB already c/r'ed the flop. If he was going to c/r on the turn again and obv. failed, I think it would require a lot of nerves or stupidity (take your pick) to try again on the river. If he had a solid hand then after turn failure I reckon he would've been worried not getting any further bets in at all, he would've bet the river.

So I think he is not happy with his hand.

Original postingHero bets and villain folds his TT.)

I think it may be just better to check behind. Villain will not call his worse hand but could raise a better one which he slowplayed and which the hero might have to call.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets and villain folds his TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that scenario can't be the reason u want to bet?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 AM

I like a river bet here if you can fold to a raise and you think his pre flop 3-bet range includes mid pp's and he will call with them. If not or you don't want to fold I check it through. FWIW I bet he has AJ here pretty often.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:49 AM

hmm, I can't find a worse hand that calls your bet. JT maybe? but that's basically it. I check behind.

-Fluffy_Shark
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 AM

I like how you played this hand if you check the river. I doubt there is much value in a bet. If you think he calls with lower pp's and that he would play one of those like this you can bet. It's just such a weird line and I would expect to see AQ almost always here.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM

I check.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 AM

Everyone likes the flop bet?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Yes
Old 09-07-2007, 01:10 PM

I did in fact check and villain showed 88. I thought: 'well that's obvious, maybe he would have called with it too'. But seems I was a little bit result oriented and a check is the best play.