Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Different way to play this hand?

Get out 4th maybe?

7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (7.50 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (10.50 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises

River - (16.50 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (18.50 BB - $9.25)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Different way to play this hand?

My goodness.

Fold 3rd. Maybe he has just 8s, but that still beats your 7s. Given that he raised with a J and a K behind, he probably has more than 8s, so even when you hit your Q, you might be in trouble.

Fold 4th when he re-raises. Both of them are showing a lot of strenght, you are way, way, way behind.

I think the bet on 5th is good.
Do you realize what happened? Seat 3 checks because Seat 5 has shown so much strenght, but Seat 5 didn't improve his flush draw, so he decides to check behind (although he should probably bet).
I'm not sure where you stand equity-wise, but you're probably about neutral. I'd bet just to see if I can buy a free card on 6th. And to rep a stronger hand than 7s. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now on 6th he makes his flush. Or maybe I misread his hand and he made 'only' aces up.
Nice job raising him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I suppose you have to call the river.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:30 PM

I would fold third street, but if not I'd fold fourth street. Why the raise on sixth?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM

On Third, fold>raise>call. Raising you might get the Eights to fold since the Jacks are playing, and you really don't want seat 3 hanging around with some crap like ATK and making your life miserable. I think folding is better because Queens-up is what you're shooting for, and Queens-up ain't all that in a three-handed pot.

On Four, you caught a card you like, so calling one bet is fine, but when everybody goes nuts, get out. Your flush may not be the best flush when you get there, Queens-up is a probable loser, and you can't feel great with trips or a straight (and your straight cards are compromised).

Fourth is your bus stop, get off and walk home.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM

on third all our cards are live and we have a ( deadish) two flush. ok i dont mind a call in this big ante game lets see fourth. in reply to the above post call> raise since this pot aint gonnna be heads up the 8 is not gonna fold for one more bet at this level.

on fourth i would call for one bet but fold for two.

5th is a good bet

6th is meh. if it wasnt a diamond i like a raise but it was a diamond so a raise aint good. diamonds are live so maybe we have to credit him for a flush. any previous history? does he complete the bet with a three flush on third or does he like to just call?

7th whatever pay him off make note
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Wow.

Fold third. 8 > 7, and a typical micro-limit player is actually going to have a big pocket pair most of the time here.

The initial call on fourth is OK, but you have to get out when it's two bets back to you.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish on sixth? You're not winning, and it is wildly optimistic to think that they'll both fold. Since there's at least some chance that the bettor has a higher flush, and a pretty good chance that he's at least drawing to one, I think that even calling is somewhat debatable. I think the pot's big enough that you have to call, but not big enough that you have to like it.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Agree with Andy.