Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Default On Reraising Preflop...

I'm trying to add more preflop reraises to my 6 max game both in and out of position, and the trouble I'm finding is I have trouble adding enough hands to my range to balance out the natural quality AAxx based ones. I'll reraise most good 4 wraps (6789 with a suit, QJTK, etc.), a suited ace and a run (A678), high quality kings, double pair hands with a suit, etc. but I feel like this just isn't enough. It leads to the syndrome of every time I do reraise with AAxx, despite the fact that I will reraise others, I feel like my hand is face up. Same is true when the first quality 3 betting hand I see is an AAxx based hand, shortly after I've arrived at the table. I feel like my inner nit is winning out those times I just flat call with quality aces out of position (usually in the blinds), simply because I don't want the table to "know" I have aces if it's the first hand they've seen me 3 bet. And I hate that.

What's the best way to combat this? Add some dicier hands to the range, like a high suited 3 run (QJT) + a dangler? Pick more spots to 3 bet weak players with just air?

Any advice appreciated.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: On Reraising Preflop...

Your raising range seems fine to me. It also depends on your position, how many limpers, etc. With QJ5K on the button and folds around, naturally i will pot it preflop. Nothing really wrong with this. You dont generally want to be reraising these hands preflop. As for your AAxx raises preflop, make sure you dont raise ALL your AAxx hands. Only raise/reraise with premium aces suck as AA910ds and such. I find that hitting sets of aces in limped pots seems to be extremely powerfull. If the villain also hits a set, they are playing for stacks on the flop, guaranteed. Good luck and hope this helps.

Pete
Old 09-07-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: On Reraising Preflop...

i like that advices, i also may to advice you to CBet more with these hand, then that 'feeling' should over