Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Default How Could Christians Vote in George W.?

Has anyone even thought about this? I was replying in another thread and...boom, this hit me like a ton of bricks.

With all of the conspiracy theories ranging from the North American Union to the New World Order (from his dad's speech) to his participation in Skull and Bones all the way down to his creation of the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, and his HHS Secretary's (Tommy Thompson) participation on the board of Verichip (now branded as Xmark), how in the world did Christians vote this guy in? Even more ghastly, how are there still some that support him?

Of all of the sects of society to be against Big Brother and against government control, it should be the Christians, right?

Further, of all the people, why pick someone who wants to go to war with the entire Middle East?

Does any of this make sense or ring a bell or am I the only one that sees the irony?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: How Could Christians Vote in George W.?

Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Why would Christians be more scared of big brother? They already have one, another shouldn't make that much of a difference. And why should Christians be more opposed than anywone else to going to war with Moslems?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 PM

The Vatican has condemned, many times, the Iraq war and war in general. So that's part of your answer.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Why would Christians be more scared of big brother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me review the what the most common Christian eschatalogical (end times) beliefs are (in basically chronological order):

1) Israel becomes a state again (Check)
2) World consolidated into 10 kingdoms, countries, superstates
3) The Rapture (Christians vanish from the face of the earth although the scriptural support for this is highly debated. Nevertheless, the popular fiction series "Left Behind" used the rapture. Some believe that Christians will face the Tribulation.)

The Tribulation

4) 10 Kingdoms are consolidated into a one-world government

5) The Antichrist rises to take the throne of an oppressive, inescapable world government
6) Billions die due to wars, famines, death due to the reign of the brutal Antichrist (throughout)
7) Antichrist forces everyone to take a mark (the Greek text actually says "in") on his wrist or forehead. Failure to take the mark means that one can not buy or sell anything (death implied). Taking the mark means automatic eternal damnation.
8) Mystery Babylon is destroyed (some say the Catholic Church...others say it is a superpower within the global community that is hated by all the other nations):

[ QUOTE ]
Revelation 17
The Woman and the Beast
1One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. 2With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."

3Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5This title was written on her forehead:
MYSTERY
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7Then the angel said to me: "Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns. 8The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.

9"This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while. 11The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

12"The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. 13They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. 14They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

15Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to give the beast their power to rule, until God's words are fulfilled. 18The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth."

[/ QUOTE ]

9) Antichrist is "killed" and stages a "false resurrection"

10) Antichrist proclaims he is God and forces all to worship him

11) A 200 million man army (exactly from Revalation) marches into the Middle East (towards Israel) from the East (China is usually cited) (possibly a cival war???)
12) Battle of Armageddon ensues in the valley of Megiddo in Israel
13) Jesus Christ returns and defeats the Antichrist without firing a shot.

Most scholars put the Tribulation as a 7 year period of "hell on earth." There's plenty more, but those are the highlights.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

Doesn't "Christians" usually mean protestants? In any case, I'm sure even Bush "condemns war in general".

I wasn't aware the vatican had condemned the Iraq war. That's pretty interesting, I would've thought it was something they would show me on TV. Guess they didn't.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Vatican has condemned, many times, the Iraq war and war in general. So that's part of your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Christians are purposefully going against the Vatican? Or are you trying to say that the Vatican is doing the right thing and that American Christians are the main ones being duped?

I noticed that the Pope also had a big issuance for Christians to fight the New World Order a couple of months ago. In return, the UN invited him to a meeting.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM

You're not taking into consideration the fact that Christians believe that TRUE Christians will be taken in the Rapture, before the Tribulation begins.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't "Christians" usually mean protestants? In any case, I'm sure even Bush "condemns war in general".

I wasn't aware the vatican had condemned the Iraq war. That's pretty interesting, I would've thought it was something they would show me on TV. Guess they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many times the Vatican has condemned the war. They have not wavered on this. I think relations with the Bush administration are icy at best.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Christians are purposefully going against the Vatican? Or are you trying to say that the Vatican is doing the right thing and that American Christians are the main ones being duped?

I noticed that the Pope also had a big issuance for Christians to fight the New World Order a couple of months ago. In return, the UN invited him to a meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have qualified that most American Christians are not Catholic; certainly none of the 'grass roots' Christians. Not all Christians voted for Bush.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not taking into consideration the fact that Christians believe that TRUE Christians will be taken in the Rapture, before the Tribulation begins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a little selfish to root this on because, after all, you don't have to deal with the mess. You're in heaven living it up, right? It makes it a little easier to say...let's go bomb Iran doesn't it?