Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Tripled Bankroll In 4 hours

I was down in LA this past weekend from Colorado to visit friends, go to the beach and play some real live poker. I transfered my buddy the majority of my roll via pokerstars and he gave me the $1k when I got in town after the exiting 12hour drive, which included 7 cops in the 30 mile stretch of I-15 through Arizona.

After playing 9-18 at the Commerce and 8-16 with a half kill I was down to $800 and some change. So I did what any BBV'er would naturally do, moved up and chased my losses.

On Sunday night I got seated in the 1 seat of the 20-40 must move that thankfully lost its must move status soon after. Unfased by playing in the biggest game of my life I proceed to run sick hot for four hours. I ran my $800 buyin to $3k. A process that included my AA holding in a 5 way capped pot and my 88 bluff on a KKTT9 board tilting the living hell out of the table. Also, I was called a "worthless piece of shtt" for rivering a ten with my T7 from the bb on an 89x board. Good times.

God that game is so sick good, way easier than 2-4 online. If only LA wasn't overcrowded and smog infested I might be able to bear living there.