Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Table selection at the micro level...

I'd like to hear some discussion on micro limit table selection across various sites. I would also like to pose a couple questions to everyone.

I play on FTP and generally, in order, I look for full stacks, highest % of players seeing the flop, average pot size.

When I sit down at the table I try to keep the big stack on my right, but honestly it's more important for me to have position on the maniacs than the big stack (in 25NL and 50NL). I feel I'm a strong enough micro player that I don't worry too much about another decent player having position on me when I can have position on 1-2 stations.

Often I see a table that has a plyr/flop % of 35%+ and an average pot size of 20BB+, so I sit down. For whatever reason I would say 40%-50% of the time these stats are untrue and the table is all nitty or everyone folds so fast the pot never gets anywhere.

<u>Here is my question #1:</u> How many hands do you guys wait before you decide if a table is fishy enough to make some good money before you leave to find a new table? Generally, if I sit down at a table and right away my PAHud is showing stats on 4-5 players at the table that are playing 18/15/3, I just get up and leave. Lets be honest, we are all here to make money, not rub egos.

I would say in an average session (4-tables), I drop 4-7 tables because they are either too nitty right away, or become really nitty within &lt;100 hands.

<u>Question #2</u>: In 25NL and 50NL games (where the fish are abundant), what is the minimum amount of loose fish you need at a table to stay there? For me its probably 2-3. Is this reasonable? Or should I stay at a table that has 4 solid players + me and only 1 really fishy player?

Hopefully we can get some good input here.

Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Table selection at the micro level...

1. If there is a waitlist...then then its probably a good table...not always worth the wait though considering there are a bunch of people like you waiting to sit down and busto him.

2. I use PT+pahud+FTTO. I turn it on at least 30 mins before i start playing and leave it on the entire time. I just open the tables check the vpip and the stacks off the fish and go.

3. spadeeye or something like that..i know people use it.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM

i use spadeye, like it
Old 09-04-2007, 08:24 PM

1) If within 10 hands I see at least 3 decent-good regulars at the table, I usually leave. I play a lot, so I assume all unknowns to be fish until proven otherwise. I have HUD set to display stats on players after 25 hands. After 25 hands I analyze.

I don't play on FTP, but on Stars I usually just open program &amp; put myself on every waiting list of a table with 35%+ AND less than 100 hands/hr AND pot more than 5. Usually there's at least 15 tables in this category (I play 9-12). Then I just sit and wait for waiting lists to come around. Usually takes about 5-10 mins to get all my tables up.

Yes, often stats are misleading and I do end up closing a lot of tables.

2) At least 2 fish. If table has 2 fish (not unknowns), I'll stick around even if rest of players are TAGs. I'm not big on that whole ego thing like you said, so I don't normally play back @ TAGs as much as some people. If I'm 3bet by a TAG, and I'm holding something marginal like AJs or AQ OOP, I usually just dump it. Basically I try not to get involved with hands with anyone but the 2 fish.

Quite often there are tables with people that aren't good but aren't total fish either (For example are playing like 14/7/.75 or 32/3/1.5 or something), I'll stick around those tables as long as there's at least 1 real fish around.

Hopefully more input appears from other people too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. If there is a waitlist...then then its probably a good table...not always worth the wait though considering there are a bunch of people like you waiting to sit down and busto him.

2. I use PT+pahud+FTTO. I turn it on at least 30 mins before i start playing and leave it on the entire time. I just open the tables check the vpip and the stacks off the fish and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is FTTO? Should PA HUD be displaying table stats of tables I'm not sitting at? Because I'm fairly sure that it doesn't...
Old 09-04-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is FTTO? Should PA HUD be displaying table stats of tables I'm not sitting at? Because I'm fairly sure that it doesn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

FTTO = full tilt table opener. Its mostly used for datamining.

If you aren't getting stats for tables you aren't sitting at its because you have pt getting your HHs from a folder within the handhistories folder. if you set it to the handhistory folder then it should work.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:51 PM

What is spadeye?

Where can I download FTTO?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53 PM

i found ftto in the software forum a long time ago. just google them. FTTO is/was free and im pretty sure spadeye isn't
Old 09-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Question myself: In terms of stats, what would people qualify a good fish?: Vpip greater then 50? AF over 40? etc?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM

at 25NL it's pretty easy to exploit someone who is playing over 30% of their hands with an AF of 4. Over 40 and it becomes a joke. If I get 2 players with stats like 40/25/4, I pretty much start making guesses at where my BR will be at the end of the night. lol