Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:47 PM

Default NL50: Another annoying RIO situation. Line check

I hate these spots against an unknown when I have no reads - villain has only been at table for about 2 orbits.

I would probably have folded turn to a decent sized bet.

Anyone block the turn, or given action, block river?

Surely a big hand bets on turn? Hence the call of the large river bet.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $102.95
BB: $46.37
UTG: $39.82
Hero (MP): $54.72
CO: $54.64
BTN: $49.61

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.30</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $7.50</font>, Hero calls $4.20

Turn: ($19.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($19.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20.50</font>, Hero calls $20.50

Pot Size: $60.75 ($3 Rake)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: NL50: Another annoying RIO situation. Line check

I bet fold the river
Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Just because he min re-raised you on the flop doesnt mean he has a big hand. I see donkeys do that with all sorts of hands so I still consider my hand best and play accordingly. I dont think min reraising the flop back is too bad then cbetting the turn and slowing down on the river if he is still around
Old 09-04-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because he min re-raised you on the flop doesnt mean he has a big hand. I see donkeys do that with all sorts of hands so I still consider my hand best and play accordingly. I dont think min reraising the flop back is too bad then cbetting the turn and slowing down on the river if he is still around

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate minreraising flop. It might very well fold out aces I beat. Plus if he calls, is he slowplaying a monster or does he have a worse hand? I just put more money in OOP without really defining his hand.
I considered leading river, and would have had I had AK/AQ. It was borderline with AJ. I figured theres a good chance he will bet an ace here after my turn and river checks, plus it allows him to bluff again if he was bluffing on the flop.

Not sure if this is right though. Been getting slayed recently with my TP hands OOP. 'Here we go again' was my initial thought when I saw his flop raise, so I just went into my passive shell. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hate minreraising flop. It might very well fold out aces I beat. Plus if he calls, is he slowplaying a monster or does he have a worse hand? I just put more money in OOP without really defining his hand.
I considered leading river, and would have had I had AK/AQ. It was borderline with AJ. I figured theres a good chance he will bet an ace here after my turn and river checks, plus it allows him to bluff again if he was bluffing on the flop.

Not sure if this is right though. Been getting slayed recently with my TP hands OOP. 'Here we go again' was my initial thought when I saw his flop raise, so I just went into my passive shell. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Is rr the flop and cbetting the turn then check folding the river bad? There is really no obvious draws that would be bluffing you by the river and most hands would be happy to showdown. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what a min rr means and noticed that bad players do it with top pair any kicker a lot and are usually willing to call two more bets

-also i hate calling pot sized bets from an unkown
Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 PM

I like Bet/Fold river.

As played I don't mind the river call but I don't know what you beat here aside from A10. No apparent whiffed draws, etc.

I really don't like min 3-betting the flop because your bet sizing will be off for the entire hand and you gain no information. This is a pretty basic scenario of WA/WB, and reraising the flop folds out most hands you are WA of, IMO. Not to mention hero will be OOP on 4th/5th streets.

Just my take though,
Cabe