Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Live 5/5 1k game, straddler comes to life

Villain is basically unknown. He's oldish and doesn't seem to be insane or hugely loose. The game is 9 handed 5/5 NL 1k max buyin. At the moment everyone is straddling. Stacks here are about $900 and it's basically a 5/5/10 game.

Fold to MP who opens to $50, I'm next with QQ and raise to $200, fold to villain in straddle who thinks a while and goes all in for $715 more. No clue whether his "think" can be fake or not. I would estimate that he thought for about a minute, maybe a bit less. MP folds very quickly, and I do what?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:06 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: Live 5/5 1k game, straddler comes to life

do people fold QQ preflop live for one stack? I don't see folding here.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:44 AM

Well live players are pussies and never play back at anyone ever but they also have no idea what the value of a hand is so I guess maybe they can just frustration push while thinking "WELL I GOT A GOOD HAND IN THE STRADDLE AND I CAN'T FOLD OR CALL SO I GO ALL IN". As it turned out I called fairly quickly because I had QQ and I wasn't folding, the board comes like JXXKA and he miraculously has TT but I'm really not sure this is a fantastic call. If his range is TT-AA/AK it's a call I guess.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If his range is TT-AA/AK it's a call I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 0: 52.371% 50.99% 01.38% 214798848 5801790.00 { QQ }
Hand 1: 47.629% 46.25% 01.38% 194824356 5801790.00 { TT+, AKs, AKo }
Old 09-02-2007, 09:23 PM

Yeah I didn't need an equity calc, I'm not retarded. Not so tough to figure out that TT/JJ cancel out KK/AA and AK gives me an edge. What I'm asking is whether standard live players are actually pushing TT/JJ here all the time. I wasn't really sure if this was the case and I didn't particularly like calling that much when the hand went down.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I didn't need an equity calc, I'm not retarded. Not so tough to figure out that TT/JJ cancel out KK/AA and AK gives me an edge. What I'm asking is whether standard live players are actually pushing TT/JJ here all the time. I wasn't really sure if this was the case and I didn't particularly like calling that much when the hand went down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is more often TT/JJ than KK/AA as most players will tend to slow play with KK+. I'll expect to see TT/JJ, AK/AQ here a lot.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:39 AM

Have you been 3 betting PF in that game a lot? Cause I am shocked he would push 10's there. Unless he is a maniac.

Perhaps you had been agro enough in game to induce that terrible push with 10's.

Generally when I 3 bet and get pushed all in ( by a full stack ) when I am playing live games it is KK AA QQ AK. Never seen 10's and rarely JJ.

I woulda folded and lost out on that money. Oh well.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you been 3 betting PF in that game a lot? Cause I am shocked he would push 10's there. Unless he is a maniac.

Perhaps you had been agro enough in game to induce that terrible push with 10's.

Generally when I 3 bet and get pushed all in ( by a full stack ) when I am playing live games it is KK AA QQ AK. Never seen 10's and rarely JJ.

I woulda folded and lost out on that money. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I dont play live enough.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 AM

I do not play that specific limit so it may be different ( I play 1/2 and 2/5 ), but in most lower limit live games 3 betting PF and all-in PF is so rare ( from non drunks ) that it is almost always AA and KK. This is assuming of course you have a standard tight image and opponent is not a maniac.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not play that specific limit so it may be different ( I play 1/2 and 2/5 ), but in most lower limit live games 3 betting PF and all-in PF is so rare ( from non drunks ) that it is almost always AA and KK. This is assuming of course you have a standard tight image and opponent is not a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is generally true, however game circumstances may change with everyone straddling, especially if there is alot of aggression going on to fight over the extra dead money. The fact that he "thought" for literally a minute would lead me to believe that he had an okay hand and had already decided not to fold b/c it was his straddle but didn't know what to do in the face of the raise and reraise.
I don't think i've ever seen a live player hollywood AA or KK for a full minute.

Surf