Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 PM

Default KK in tough spot

This is very read dependent, sorry for long description. I play w/villain on a regular basis. He is a solid TAG, who lately became very aggressive raising w/ any 2 cards from late position if folded to him and keeps firing if misses. I play back at him a lot. He believs (somewhat correcly) that I take too many liberties preflop b/c I think I am able to outplay the rest of the table postflop. He also believes (incorrectly) that I am currently steaming b/c I just lost a HUGE pot in hi-lo Stud with rolled up trips (the best possible starting hand by far -- like flopping set of Aces).

Folded to villain in CO who raises. An aggro moron button thinks and calls. I 3 bet in SB w/K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB folds, villain caps, button folds, I call.

flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check call.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I check, CO thinks a bit and bets. He doesn't Hollywood, I am sure he doesn't have a flush.

He doesn't call raises lightly and releases a lot on a turn if thinks he's beat. However, he knows that I know that. He also saw me c/r semibluff a couple of times.

If he has a naked Ace, what's more likely to work -- c/r turn or blank river bet or both? What's the best play EV-wise if he doesn't have an Ace?
What should I do on the turn/river?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: KK in tough spot

Its just you and him to the flop right?

Looks like wa/wb. I would call this down all the way. If you are ahead since hes aggro let him 3 barrel you down to river, Plus u have a bdfd to bail you out if your behind.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Call turn.

Trying get someone to fold trip aces is usually an expensive and futile proposition
Old 09-04-2007, 06:27 PM

I don't see anything but calling down here - he either has an ace or you're crushing him. If he does have trips, why pay three bets to see if you make a flush or kings full? If he has something weak, why make him fold it when he might bluff again if you check?

Jeff
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 AM

Wait, your plan is to get him to fold 3 aces? God bless you.