Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Beat: My CV

I've been supporting myself through education from 17 onwards playing the micro-stakes. Just enough to pay for going out, buying clothes etc. So unlike most students, I've never needed a part-time job or summer work. I dropped out of university last year and have been unemployed for like 9 months now. Right now I'm playing 1 or 2 hours a day which pays for my board and beer.

My CV looks like sh*t. Good grades but absolutely no work. Nothing. I refuse to work for minimum wage, it's never gonna happen. Problem is the only jobs I seem to stand any chance at getting (requiring no experience) are all minimum wage. I earn like $40 per hour playing poker.

I sent a well-written letter out to a load of local law firms offering FREE F*CKING WORK being their office b*tch. Most didn't even bother sending a rejection letter.

I'm going back to university simply to put this problem on hold for another 3 years. Maybe I'll be beating 1000nl by then (!!!) or will have earned enough money to start-up my own business. I'm doing a History degree this time around which is a lot less demanding (I was doing law last time which is exam-intensive and a lot more demanding.) It has nothing like the career prospects a law degree has though. As I said, the only reason I'm doing it is to delay the problem.

WTF will I do if I drop-out again?

EDIT: I'm now 22.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Beat: My CV

HS teacher.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HS teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents were both teachers. My Dad took earlier retirement this summer (sizable reduction in his pention as a result.) It's the one job I promised them I would never do (although they'd probably prefer it to poker!)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Surely I'm not the only one who's never had a job cos of poker, right? What have you other drop-outs done with yourselves?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely I'm not the only one who's never had a job cos of poker, right? What have you other drop-outs done with yourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

never had a job but still in college. 19
Old 09-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Are you somewhere that law is an undergraduate degree rather than a professional school? Because you can totally get into a law school with a History degree.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
After about 2 years away from finance and solely playing poker, I'm working in a brewery to find out if I want to switch fields.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After about 2 years away from finance and solely playing poker, I'm working in a brewery to find out if I want to switch fields.

[/ QUOTE ]
haven't u lived in germany for some time? makes perfect sense to work in a brewery now
Old 09-02-2007, 06:37 PM

Yeah, but having homebrewed for most of that two years was the real impetus to switch.