Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM

Default A question about LP Range

Lately I have been 4 tabling 10nl. I need help here. I wonder if I should be playing a wider range from the c/o, button? I tend to play well from EP, but feel as if I am not playing enough hands in LP. My stats only show me seeing about 32% of my flops. I read somewhere on here that this % should be higher. I need some advise.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: A question about LP Range

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I have been 4 tabling 10nl. I need help here. I wonder if I should be playing a wider range from the c/o, button? I tend to play well from EP, but feel as if I am not playing enough hands in LP. My stats only show me seeing about 32% of my flops. I read somewhere on here that this % should be higher. I need some advise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see the flop 32% of the time you are probably playing too many hands. The only possible exception would be if you are playing in very passive shorthanded games where you get a walk in the BB almost always.

Lucky
Old 09-01-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see the flop 32% of the time you are probably playing too many hands. The only possible exception would be if you are playing in very passive shorthanded games where you get a walk in the BB almost always.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 6 handed on FTP, not 9 handed. Is this an okay % then?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 6 handed on FTP, not 9 handed. Is this an okay % then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

You probably don't have PT. PT computes something called VP$IP which indicates the percent of hands where you put money in the pot on a voluntary basis - the blind don't count. This isn't the same as seen flop percentage as you get to see the flop sometimes when you don't put $ in voluntarily and don't get to see the flop sometimes when you do. Most good players are going to have VP$IP numbers in the range of 15 to 30 percent. As a beginner you should probably be at the lower portion of this range.

Lucky