Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 AM

Default FW 20 Weak Tight Against Scary_Tiger

Foxwoods 20/40(10 handed)

The only thing probably worth noting is that Scary_Tiger knows that my range is pretty tight UTG, and may or may not give a [censored].

Preflop: Hero raises JJ UTG, Scary Tiger 3-bets UTG+2, All fold, Hero calls.

Flop: K55r
Hero check/calls

Turn: 8
Hero check/calls

River: Q
Hero check/folds
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: FW 20 Weak Tight Against Scary_Tiger

I usually fold the turn here. Betting the turn when he knows you would probably check raise the turn with AK or better means he probably doesn't care.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM

I'd consider capping PF, overrepping your hand might make it easier to play.

I haven't played with scary tiger often enough, but I imagine he's 3 betting at least 99+ PF, and possibly lower if he's playing around. I believe he'll fire the turn with all of these hands. Once we get to the river it looks alot like we have what we have, and he might fire one last shell, I'd payoff.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:14 AM

no, we can't pay off like that, that's crazy

we always think everybody is trying to outplay us or outtrick us, when in reality they usually have the goods

we're not only oop, we're behind to villain's range as well

Board: Kh 5d 5s

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 37.305% 35.99% 01.31% 94071 3429.00 { JJ }
Hand 1: 62.695% 61.38% 01.31% 160431 3429.00 { 99+, AQs+, AKo }

even if we throw in the odd JTs for when he's making a play on us we're still behind

Board: Kh 5d 5s

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 39.730% 38.46% 01.27% 105087 3471.00 { JJ }
Hand 1: 60.270% 59.00% 01.27% 161211 3471.00 { 99+, AQs+, JTs, AKo }

he's going to make us pay off every time he has it and he'll get away cheap when he doesn't, which is a BAD deal for us, and the occasional time he's making a move with nothing doesn't make up for all the times we're behind

I'm folding turn as well
Old 08-15-2007, 05:11 AM

What's wrong with checkfolding this flop? If a good player knows your EP range is tight here, he has an overpair or AK almost always.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played with scary tiger often enough, but I imagine he's 3 betting at least 99+ PF, and possibly lower if he's playing around. I believe he'll fire the turn with all of these hands. Once we get to the river it looks alot like we have what we have, and he might fire one last shell, I'd payoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

99 and TT are both PF mucks if OP's UTG range is as tight as he says. Wouldn't scary tiger know that?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 AM

Sometimes I bet out this flop. If he calls, I bet/fold the turn. If he raises the flop, I call and check the turn to see if he's taking a cheap route to showdown, meaning I fold to a turn bet.

But other times I check-call the flop and considering check-folding the turn. Really depends on the guy, and aside from his posts, which are good, I have no clue how Tiger plays.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I bet out this flop. If he calls, I bet/fold the turn. If he raises the flop, I call and check the turn to see if he's taking a cheap route to showdown, meaning I fold to a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

would you ever take these lines with a good hand, ie, AK/AA/KK? if so, under what circumstances?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would you ever take these lines with a good hand, ie, AK/AA/KK? if so, under what circumstances?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line is a good alternative. Doing this is especially good with AA/KK here because it sets up a flop or turn bet/3bet. S_T's range should be pretty strong here so I should be seeing a raise at some point pretty frequently.

I think c/r the flop with AK is probably pretty standard.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line is a good alternative. Doing this is especially good with AA/KK here because it sets up a flop or turn bet/3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you plan to use joker's line and he raises the flop to your donk, and you do have AA/KK, you should probably be c/raising the turn rather the 3betting the flop to balance those times you follow this advice: "If he raises the flop, I call and check the turn to see if he's taking a cheap route to showdown, meaning I fold to a turn bet."