Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM

Default If you got staked..

If a high stakes player a very nice guy somewhat of a friend to you, decided to stake you 5K for nl200 and you lost it would you feel bad?

I had been a huge winner at nl110/nl200 for a long time well over 200K hands, but I always cashed out and eventually just cashed everything out.
I ran really bad and the 5K that I was staked was at 4500 after going up and down and so on, I deposited 500 of my own money to cover the losses. The staker told me to continue to play so I did.

I had an incredibly disgusting sessions and actually lost about 20BI leaving the stake from 5K to about $1200..

I feel sick and bad and decided to send the $1200 back and end the stake since for some reasons I'm not able to be a winning player at this time.

Granted 5K for this player is a 1BI and he is a winner at his stakes so even though the money is a lot he can recover it 100% no problem.

I feel bad for a few reasons,
1. I really thought I could make money for both of us
2. I let him down
3. I lost 4K of his money

Would any of you feel bad? How should I get over this? I understand it is a stake and if I win he makes money and if I lose then its a risk. If I had the 4K Id deposit it to cover the losses, but the $500 was a stretch for me already.

This isnt another 1 of my leveled threads ;o