Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Set over set in live 15/30

Been playing in the game for a few hours, and have been very card dead. I know pretty much everyone at the table, and they all know me as very TAG. Button is a loose regular who goes to showdown with almost every hand he plays. His 3-betting range preflop is very wide. BB is some old Russian dude who's just playing for fun. Total donk. Plays (no joke) like 80% of his hands, and raises with at least half.

Preflop: Weak-tight limps EP, I raise in CO with Jd-Js, Button 3-bets, SB folds, Russian calls, limper folds, I cap, they both call (I capped here b/c I feel I'm ahead of Button, who's 3-betting range in this spot could be 88-AA, AJs-AK, and Russian could have ATC).

Flop: Jh-9h-7c. Russian checks, I bet, button raises, Russian calls, I call. (Considering how far ahead I probably am, I don't mind peeling one off before announcing my strength. Russian most likely has the case J or a 9, b/c he leads with draws, regardless of the situaion and faithfully cold-calls anything with any flopped pair. Button might have AhKh or AhQh, but it's more likely he has an overpair or 9-9.)

Turn: Qh. Russian checks, I check, Button bets, Russian calls, I raise, Button goes into the tank, tries talking to me and finally calls. Russian folds. (At this point, he either has 9-9, Q-Q, AhAx or KhKx.)

River: As. I check, Button looks at me with confusion, talks some more, and bets. I call. He shows QQ for a turned set.

Thoughts? I think I lost as little as possible while still giving me the opportunity to get maximum value.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Set over set in live 15/30

3 bet the flop 1000% of the time and i go from there
Old 08-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Set over set in live 15/30

Not 3 betting this flop is a travesty. Not sure why you checked the river.