Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Monthly rakeback amounts

Can anybody that plays on a site that offers rakeback please fill me in on what they are making in a month. I am debating which site to sign up for a rakeback deal with and any advise would be much appreciated. Fwiw im leaning towards sun poker because they offer up to 50% rakeback for anything over 5500 raked hands in a month, and according to a rake calculator if i play 30h/day, 4 tabling at 1/2 limit i can expect to make about $2300/month in rakeback. This seems almost too good to be true and probably is, but if i can just play break even poker i will be way ahead in the long run.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Monthly rakeback amounts

you did something wrong or the calculator you used is faulty.

anyway, i used a rb calculator and got $1250 as your amount.

terms were:
- 30 hours per week (you mistyped and said 30h/day)
- limit 1/2
- 50% RB
- AVERAGE 4 tables

also note if you 4-table you're not going to average 4 tables. so it will be lower than this.

also, wrong forum.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM

go to stars.as i`m in stars.no cashback,unless u will play so much,and after time u can get good vip status.and get some offers.well,whay i`m in stars???
Old 08-22-2007, 09:20 PM

sometimes it s ev- to multibabling to make money.
sometimes you play only one or two table make less money but up you skill what that make you more money in the futur.

i play 4tables too
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 09:23 PM

You're the guy who thinking about giving low limit grinding a go, no? PM me if you want more info on what you can expect.

There are some things to consider here. You face 2 challenges:

1) meeting your $ requirements (on average)

2) hitting your hand targets every month

Both have their own difficulties.

Beak even + net gain amount is fine if you're capable of playing a reasonable game while losing all the time, but I wouldn't count on it. Especially if you're going to have to put in the hours every day. 30 hours/week of poker is a lot for most people. Maybe the games at Sun are good enough that you'll be able to do ok pre-rakeback. If so, great. If not, maybe look elsewhere. It sucks a lot when you're close to breakeven and the swings will be murder.

I'd suggest just finding a site with good game selection at your limit and grinding it out. 21,000 hands or so of 2/4 at stars will give you platinum status, and the games are soft enough that a good player should expect to do well on average. Add in comparatively good rake + a $650 bonus every couple months and I'd much prefer taking this route to subsisting on rakeback unless I could find a rakeback site with consistently good games (I really miss the old Party sometimes). It also gives you flexibility re. session scheduling. Being locked into evening/weekend hours can be a bitch. And struggling to find enough tables on demand just plain sucks. Sessions get longer and the button clicking monkey gets even grumpier than usual.

The trick is to get to a point where your earning potential is quite a bit greater than your nut. It's all about staying well within your comfort zone as often as possible. Having to run close to full speed to stay in place is hard. Any little hiccup and you're faced with the prospect of having to exhaust yourself to try to catch back up, which doesn't bode well for the sustainability of your enterprise over even the short term. As such, I'd do everything I could to reduce expenses to the bare minimum and hustle your way to a roll + skill level that will provide a larger margin for error.

Rakeback is great in that it always gives you something to look forward to at the end of the month. Just don't put too much value in it if it means compromising too much in other areas. Or such is my humble suggestion.

Best of luck and happy pokering. And most important of all... protect your roll. Fanatically. Price yourself out of your game and it all comes to a grinding halt.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Wow, your posts really ARE good!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fwiw im leaning towards sun poker because they offer up to 50% rakeback for anything over 5500 raked hands in a month

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum for this really but...

I think your information is wrong here. To get 50% rb at a crypto you need to generate 11000 MPPs, which will take significantly more than 5500 raked hands. (You get 1 MPP if they rake a dollar or more and 0.25 if they rake 25 - 75c.) What's more, it's not really 50% rakeback because they also take a 22.5% "administration fee" out of your rakeback. Laughable.

If you have an affiliate who offers you something better at a crypto skin, good luck with it, and keep it quiet because it's not allowed!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM

I play at Sun sometimes. The $1/2 games are tough compared to elsewhere but the rakeback (only ~30% for me tho) and up $1000 monthly bonus is good.

btw excellent post detruncate.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 PM

It always boggles my mind when I see someone considering grinding 1/2 for 30hrs a week. If you have another source of income, I would highly recommend keeping it and building your roll until you can play at least 5/10. I would also make sure you have enough hands to be somewhat confident in your winrate. Grinding 1/2 for that long just seems like hell.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:08 PM

My experience, roughly:

20hrs a week
4-6 tabling $1/2 to $3/6 SH and FR (limit)
= $2500-$3000 total rake/month.

As you're not from the US you should shoot for higher than 50% rb IMO.