Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Rakeback vs Poker Stars FPP...

Excuse me for my bad english but I will try to explain this as best as I can

I was thinking this morning, which of the "method" gives a player more "return" of his rake.

Now..the rakeback only pays for rake which you win, and in most cases is arround 30%.

But the Poker Stars FPP player earn EACH time a rake ON the table is at least 0.4$. With 5% rake, this means a POT size should be at least 8$. The player is not even needed to be playing a hand, he can fold it pre-flop and will still learn 1 FPP.

Since poker stars offer money "refund" for FPPs I was thinking...is perhaps this more profitable then the 30% rakeback itself?

I was trying to calculate this, but it is not that easy Lets say a player is playing NL50, or NL100 games. He does arround 40.000,00 hands per month.

With the rakeback he will "earn" arround 500$ for NL50 games and 1000$ for NL100 games.

As for FPPs, as said before a pot size should be at least 8$ or the rake is at least 0.4$. The average pot sizes on NL50 is 15$ and on NL100 is 30$, or at least players should be playing a tables with the highest possible average pot size. So lets say a player can earn 1 FPP evey 5 hands he get dealt. So..with 40000 monthy hands, a player will earn 8000 FPPs.

You are right here...the Poker Stars offers 285$ bonus for 20.000 FPPs, but from what I have said above, only 8000 per month is made, compare to 500$ rakeback.

But...pokerstars offers faster FPP earning if a player progress with his VIP status. Lets say the PlatinumStar is the reasonble "goal" for all NL50 and NL100 players. If you get to Platinumstar, a player will earn 150% FPP bonus, which means...if you earn 1 FPP, you will actually earn 2.5 FPP.

Which means, you will be earning 20000 FPPs per month, so it will take about a month and a half for the 285$ poker stars bonus.

This is still not good, compare to rakeback, but I am not over yet

Supernova VIP level means a player have to earn 100.000 FPP per year. with "our" 20000 FPPs per month, we should get to 100 in half a year, or 5 months. After that...a player will have 250% FPP bonus...which means if you earn 1 FPP, you will actually earn 3.5, so you will be making arround 28000 points per month, so 285$ bonus credit is possible.

This does not look very good compare to rakeback, but I have made very round figures here, but I am sure that a player could be making almost the same credits via pokerstars FPPs compare to 30% rakeback.

What do you think, am I missing something here?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Rakeback vs Poker Stars FPP...

tl;dr

seriously, there are a bazillion threads on stars fpp vs. rb. go find one.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 AM

Thank you for your reply.

Where should I search, on pokerstars site or somewhere else? I cannot find a forum on pokerstars site...
Old 08-30-2007, 04:07 AM

on this site.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/search.php?Cat=0

if you find the search function hard to use, there is a thread or two about them, just search for it.
Closed Thread