Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Am i a Spewtard?

BB is very tight 18/12/2.3 over 600 hands,MP is 24/8/1.4 50 hands

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP calls, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) , , [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB calls, [color=#CC3333]MP raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Am i too agressive here? i'm trying to charge any draw, but with MP raise and his low AF i think i a dominated. What do u think of the reraise. As Played i was bet all the way and fold the river if raised too weak?

Turn: (6.50 BB) [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (9.50 BB) [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 09-01-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Am i a Spewtard?

[ QUOTE ]
with MP raise and his low AF i think i a dominated. What do u think of the reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you were dominated we've got a real problem because you were there in the end!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:04 AM

so after the flop play i should just c/c the turn since i did pick up an SD and fold river if missed?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:16 AM

I'm not sure the 3 bet is worth it, I suspect your equity ain't that great on this flop. I probably would've called planning on donking some turns.

As played I don't see any value in the river bet.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Yea i see alot of ppl on this board that say b/f alot of hands on the river i problably thought this was one of them. What are you looking on the turn that u will donk with?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:25 PM

I think I'd just call this flop raise and reevaluate on the turn. The turn isn't a great card for you, it completes a lot of straights and two pairs that are in both BB and MP's range, so I'd check/call one bet. On this river, villain either has you crushed or has a busted draw, so I'd check/call to try to induce a bluff.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:17 PM

I think the flop 3bet is a bit frisky because your top pair is weak. You pick up outs on the turn, so the bet can't be bad in light of the flop play.

On the river, I would check. You are beat an awful lot, and the best part is that villain often checks behind with better hands than yours.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 PM

i don't see why the river bet is so bad. i doubt we can induce a bluff 3-handed from these specific villains. i also think MP will bet better hands (TP better kicker) when checked to most of the time, so it seems if we are calling a bet it might be better to bet ourselves even if we are not a favorite to win when called (theBryce calls this a blocking bet) - but he can still call with a middle pair of course. in other words, i feel b/f&gt;c/c. but most people seem to disagree - if i'm wrong i hope somebody could show me why.