Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 AM

Default 10k hands of 10NL - Kind of lost

I realize this is not a huge sample, but I'm looking for anything I can get. I played a lot of $10NL and $25NL in the past without Poker Tracker, and I never though much of winrates or anything. But, now that I have seen my stats, I feel like I am barely breakeven and not playing as good as I think I can. I am purposely trying to be nitty as I feel it's the only way that I can mentally beat $10NL but I am open to any advice. Again I apologize if this doesn't belong here, I read through the FAQ and other stickies and couldn't find anything that said I can't post this. Anyway here's my stats, as hard as it is to post them.

All of these hands are on Full Tilt. I feel like the rake is kinda brutal, but I do have rakeback. Though the sample is over 47 days, the vast majority of these hands are the last 10 days. I have earned $63.20 in rakeback over the sample. I have >$50 coming next month. My current roll is a few dollars short of $400. I have read the anthology and the other threads, but I am going to take a day off to re read all of that stuff as I found it to be a great help the first time.

Anyway, any advice on my stats and play is greatly appreciated, thanks. I just feel like minus the first rush, I've been playing breakeven. And one last question, when is a good time to move up? Should I take shots with a stop limit, or just grind out til ~$500 or when I get rakeback?

Also, I tried to resize the images, sorry if they are too big, but I didn't want to lose the ability to read them.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: 10k hands of 10NL - Kind of lost

I am not really good at analyzing these but from what I can see you are definitely too nitty for 6max.

You can be nitty all you want from EP and OOP, but not from CO and BTN. You need to open up your range. Somehow I also think you should be going to showdown a bit more often than just <20%. You give up equity because of it and people must be bullying you out of hands you should be in.

This is my 2cents. I am not too good on advice so bear with me.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:01 AM

jesus you're the biggest nit ever.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 AM

It's all good, I'm posting cause I want criticism. I just want to make my game better.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's all good, I'm posting cause I want criticism. I just want to make my game better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can start by opening up more preflop....
Old 08-29-2007, 04:30 AM

Wow..And I thought I play nitty at times but you put me to shame OP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Like others said you need to be opening up your range preflop. Especially from CO/Button. You're going to make the most money from those two positions, and you're throwing away alot of money by not raising more hands from those positions.

What is your range from CO/Button when its folded to you?
Also what is your range from CO/Button if theres a limper or two?

Im actually surprised you've made 10 buyins in 10k hands. If I were playing against you, Id never give you any action if you were involved in a hand against me. Those stats are very exploitable.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:31 AM

You're beating nl10 for ~5ptbb/100 so I wouldn't be too overly concerned. Just loosen a little bit pre flop on the button and CO.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow..And I thought I play nitty at times but you put me to shame OP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Like others said you need to be opening up your range preflop. Especially from CO/Button. You're going to make the most money from those two positions, and you're throwing away alot of money by not raising more hands from those positions.

What is your range from CO/Button when its folded to you?
Also what is your range from CO/Button if theres a limper or two?

Im actually surprised you've made 10 buyins in 10k hands. If I were playing against you, Id never give you any action if you were involved in a hand against me. Those stats are very exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally my range is pretty tight. I get kinda cautious with 1 or 2 limpers and fold away hands that I guess I should be raising. When it's folded me in the cut off or button I try to raise suited painted cards, AT+, and if it's unraised I'll generally raise any pp from any position. From early position its basically AJ+ and pps. I however do fold hands like AT and AJ if there is a raise in front of me, maybe I should rethink that.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:39 AM

Play more hands, lose more a first. Win more when you get better postflop with marginal hands.
I think you cannot discount the rush and even if you do you made a small profit. You've been running fine, but could do better if you learn to play more hands.
Most here advice to play with at least 20 buyins for each level to move up if you feel comfortable. Just make sure you don't fill up to often and drop in levels when you get under the 20 buyins. Gotta be disciplined [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 AM

I used to be the cautious type about raising fro CO/Button if there was a limper or 2, but if they're limping in they generally dont feel strong enough about their hand to raise, so like Tien says, "Raise that [censored] up!" A fair bit of time you'll get them to fold to your raise and pick up the money, or one will call and you can usually pick it up with a C-Bet.

You just have to get more comfortable about raising with marginal hands IP when there are limpers. Now I have no trouble raising up A/rag, or other marginal hands from the Button after a couple of limpers.

When its folded to me in the CO/Button Im usually raising every A/x, K/9+, Qxsuited, Jxsuited, off-suit connectors in addition to my normal raising range. Just keep a close eye on how tight/loose the players are to your left. The tighter they are the more you can open up with, but if their very loose you'll need to tighten up your range some.

Also here is an oldie but a goodie for you.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1