Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 04:15 AM

Default PS, NL 100, AI situation, Tell me how to think, 3(3)...

To avoid finding myself in this predicament.
But also, since I am there, what to do next and why...
(I am currently reading PNL, so any reasoning in REM, commitment and SPR terms would be appreciated...)

Villain in this hand is aggressive, but somewhat loose, with stats: 27/19/2.25

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $108.90
BB: $142.90
UTG: $98.50
MP: $51.95
CO: $111.55
BTN: $91.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.00</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $11.00

Flop: ($31) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $25.00</font>, BTN calls $25.00

Turn: ($81) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero???
Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: PS, NL 100, AI situation, Tell me how to think, 3(3)...

Villain has about $51 left on the turn.

I just put him in here.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:32 AM

trivial shove with stacks. if villains full stacked i might mix it up with firing again and check calling the turn and maybe blocking some rivers. you want to get to showdown here and shoving at some point isn't great cause he's not calling a lot with much worse than a jack. if he's got a worse jack i doubt he'll go ape [censored] but you said he's aggressive so some passive line works fine while protecting yourself in case he's got something better but wouldn't he let you know since he's aggressive?

the standard would be to just fire again the turns not too bad of a card and i'm guessing your image is pretty good so he'll give you some respekt if he's been watching.

kind of a touchy spot but i'd focus on trying to get to showdown while extracting a long the way, getting value from a worse king, maybe getting some more value from tens or smaller one pair hands with a turn check call. bet or check call would be my vote, i'm not stack a donking here very much at all unless he's retardedly aggro but even then i dont really like it cause he would have to be retarded to stack off with an underpair after you shove meh he could be retarded though, lots of options.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 AM

what predicament???? just shove and love it
Old 08-27-2007, 04:48 AM

reup, that post was very confusing, i'm not even sure what your advice is. basically, in a 3 bet pot, i don't mind getting all in with TPTK. i would probably check call the turn, but being that he's pretty aggro, you should be willing to felt. if he got tricky and cold called with AA KK QQ, you're in trouble, otherwise, he's getting stacked with a smaller J or TT-66, being that he knows he's aggressive and thinks you'll play back at him light. i think stack-a-donking is fine.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 AM

weird i thought his raise pf was a limp cause i just got done with a 2/4 sesh didnt realize it was three bet pf.

hmm. tptk with aj is a little different than ak or even aq i mean is op three betting light pf in villains eyes and is willing to call down with tens here. is villain calling three bets pf with KJish hands if not i'm more inclined to exercise some pot control and make villain think we're cbetting ak and check call the turn or something to extract some more value from tens (with full stacks obv.).

i don't think it's as simple as saying this is my plan and i'm sticking to it, he's aggressive, i have tptk in a three bet pot im shoving, i'd rather feel it out with a marginal hand like this, maybe he bluffs you maybe you save money when he has queens.. would he just call with qq preflop, the questions are endless and we have very limited information to make a definite decision imo. if op wants to add more it would help otherwise i'm not ecstatic about stacking off with a jack here. seems like he'll call with what beats us and we fold out what we beat he could be drawing to two outs here where we could extract some 'bluff's if we check call the turn, plus we could be behind, if we're stacking off here no matter not, why not check call the turn and let him bluff with tens since he's aggressive. i like that better than shoving and hoping he calls with tens on a jack high board.