Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Rome & Prague

im leaving to rome on sunday and then probably to prague for a bit on the way to munich and then amsterdam?

How are the nightlifes in prague and rome.. and munich?
What about the general city life and people?
I was looking to hear other peoples experiences and perspectives for those who have been.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Rome & Prague

Please post about Prague when you return, I'm going there in October. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Prague is awesome; spent a few days there a few years ago. Parts of the downtown are definitely super touristy, but that's still fun. For a while it was totally overrun with Brits but dunno if that's still on. There are like your standard clubs if you want to do that, but I recommend finding a more traditional place a little bit away from downtown where they serve the local beers and you sit at picnic tables. There's this place that supposedly is the oldest beer hall which should be pretty easy to find where they just bring around trays of beer and shots of shnaps, you grab whatever you want and they mark the number of drinks you've taken on the table next to you. Full of local Czechs who are friendly and rowdy, good times. Also there's actually a lot of really cool jazz clubs, usually in the basement of bars which are really cheap and fun.

I've heard that you can pick up super hot Czech girls for cheap, but I was with a girl so dunno about that scene.

Also heard that Budapest now is more like Prague was 5 years ago which is around when I went.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:53 PM

I love Prague, and went there maybe four times over a seven-month stay in Europe. I agree with the jazz club recommendation.

Prague was my favorite city in Europe until I went to Budapest. Absolutely incredible, cheap, etc. My favorite part of the life there was that there's tons of courtyards where much of the drinking is done. You'll be walking down the street, see an alley/tunnel through a building, and it opens into a courtyard with trees and picnic tables where everybody's drinking and talking and relaxing. If there's any way to fit Budapest into your trip, do it.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:12 AM

prague nightlife is really good, the same goes for munich (a lot of great clubs).
Old 08-18-2007, 04:53 AM

Rome is great but I hope you got more than 2 days to see it because its a big city and there's lots to see.

Can't give you much advise on the nightlife, I went to normal bars in the center of the city and never went to an actual nightclub in Rome. I did hear from other people there were some good places to go out but very expensive (Rome is very very expensive overall) but can't remember any names.
But I'm sure it will be ok (even though it won't top prague night life)
Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 AM

i just got back from two days in prague, i didn't do much sightseeing but it is now expensive unless you go to proper local places. im from UK, and exchange rate has gone the wrong way, i guess also for other countries as well? and prices are going up. also, very hot/humid in middle of summer and billions of tourists so not great.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Prague, and went there maybe four times over a seven-month stay in Europe. I agree with the jazz club recommendation.

Prague was my favorite city in Europe until I went to Budapest. Absolutely incredible, cheap, etc. My favorite part of the life there was that there's tons of courtyards where much of the drinking is done. You'll be walking down the street, see an alley/tunnel through a building, and it opens into a courtyard with trees and picnic tables where everybody's drinking and talking and relaxing. If there's any way to fit Budapest into your trip, do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

RDH,

Do a majority of the locals in Budapest speak English?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:08 AM

I couldn't really say. I wasn't there for long and hung out with a bunch of Canadians, mostly. I think less people speak English there than in Germany, but more than in Argentina, if that helps at all.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:27 PM

Rome is awesome this time of year, I was there for 3 months starting last September.. What kind of scene are you looking for? Also, my girlfriend just got back from studying abroad in Prague for 6 weeks, she absolutely loved it. I was there 5 years ago, but haven't been recently. Pretty much impossible to [censored] this trip up if you have any social skills whatsoever.