Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Default NYC card clubs thread in NVG

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...81#Post11820945

One of the partners from Fairview just sent me a text because his underground card room's address and name is listed there without his permission. We are on top of this stuff in B&M (we have even had to temp-ban a few people for intentionally breaking the "no underground club info without permission of the owner" rule), these rooms are by invite only because when the word gets on the street then the cops come, people get arrested, loose their money, are detained for hours etc. 2+2 was used as a source in a raid last year when they took down the club on 14th street, we really don't need part two of this - please move the thread to the mod forum, thanks.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: NYC card clubs thread in NVG

I deleted the thread because it was the easiest solution and I'm feeling lazy, but I'm not really sure why our default position here is to protect the clubs/players.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I deleted the thread because it was the easiest solution and I'm feeling lazy, but I'm not really sure why our default position here is to protect the clubs/players.

[/ QUOTE ]

because it's incredibly bad for a lot of 2p2ers when this stuff gets posted.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if 2+2 becomes known as a place to find info about where to play in underground clubs it exposes the site to huge liability issues, conspiracy charges, etc.

Not really any different than the piracy or drugs policies.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if 2+2 becomes known as a place to find info about where to play in underground clubs it exposes the site to huge liability issues, conspiracy charges, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the liability is small unless the underground (which is a nice word for illegal) card room was in the state of Nevada where 2+2 is located - someone correct me if I am wrong. The real concern is the safety of the 2+2'ers who play in these card games, the employees, and the owners. Since they are all taking a great risk playing and/or working it's not in their best interest when third parties disclose this information.

This time the card room in question was Fairview, they have a policy of asking all players to not tell anyone else about the game unless without prior notice of the management so they can do a background check. The "undesirables" they want to keep out are only guys who have big mouths because loose lips sink ships or potential trouble makers, funny thing is there are lots of off duty officers playing there and even a judge!

2+2 was used as a source for an underground card room raid last year, the officers interrogated the players after copying everyone's IDs and asked if they heard about the card room through email, Craig's List or 2+2... kinda scary eh?