Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 AM

Default NL: can I be this weak with AA?

CO is a solid regular, playing 12/2/1.2 over 350 hands. He setmines passively (just calling instead of raising), and can be pretty trappy with big hands. I've seen him check behind on the flop with top set on a two-flush board, for example. He definitely does not chase draws.

I'm getting decent cards at this table, so I'm like 25/20 or 30/25 and cbetting every flop. If he's keeping data, he'll see me as tighter than that, but still pretty aggro postflop. (he's clearly a multitabler)

He's deep, I'm deep, and I really don't want a run-in with him. There's real fish at the table:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed)

UTG ($12.30)
MP ($1.85)
CO ($17.85)
Button ($6.95)
SB ($10.40)
Hero ($20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, CO calls $0.40, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($1.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>...

that can't be right, can it? I just don't want to bet this flop to "see where I'm at", because if this particular guy calls, he's 2pair+ always. (or does that make it easy to play?) I don't consider the turn safe, either, because I'm sure he'd check behind the flop with a made straight or big set. Please don't ask what my plan was if he'd bet at me.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Re: NL: can I be this weak with AA?

WTF @ flop BET! Good lord, your letting random pocket pairs draw freely against your rockets. Bet, and if he's that tight, you can slow down on the turn, but this is ridiculous

Crovax
Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 AM

Considering he's so tight it's unlikely that he calls raises with KQ KT QT i'm guessing he has a low pocket pair or AK, you have to bet flop.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:36 AM

I don't mind the flop check at all but I'd bet/fold the turn.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:11 AM

ouch, bet this flop around 100% of the times, maybe sometimes 110%. If he reraised, or call, you can consider to slow the hand, but here...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 AM

Have to cbet there or you are asking for trouble.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:24 AM

The fact you cbet "every flop" but don't cbet AA makes pretty much no sense. If you can't answer the question "what would you do if he bets at you" then your lost. You always want to find out where you are. Also do you want someone with 102 (probably not this guy but its the point that matters) getting to see 2 more cards for free?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF @ flop BET! Good lord, your letting random pocket pairs draw freely against your rockets. Bet, and if he's that tight, you can slow down on the turn, but this is ridiculous

Crovax

[/ QUOTE ]

ehm random pocket pairs have 2 outs, so what are you afraid of?
But bet this flop, a flop check with AA and a betout on the turn wont keep small pp in the hand, you probably just pick up the pot when he has nothing, this is not a great flop to extract.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 AM

flop check is ok bet/fold turn
Old 08-24-2007, 09:32 AM

We're trying to apply poker logic to an opponent who doesn't play poker. 12/2? Seriously? And you've already confirmed he's multi-tabling his set-mining? Wow.

Set miners play sets. If anything interesting happened after you bet the river, I think you're right to not want to tangle.

(Against normal $10 6-max opponents who have normal standards, I don't like our chances on the river, either. But at least pot the flop and get some info about it.)